Why do Cash Practices Keep their Rates a Secret?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where can you get a landline for 10 bucks a month? They're like 40 or 50 around here. That's why none of us have them any more.

It's not even April 1st, and I agree with Vistaril instead of DN. Weird.

That's what we were paying last time we had one a couple years ago. It's now $15/mo where we used to live.

Members don't see this ad.

That's what we were paying last time we had one a couple years ago. It's now $15/mo where we used to live.

I dropped our landline last year, and with tax it ran $55 per month. There are limited use plans (no voice mail, too) that can drop the landline cost to around $30+, but I have never heard of $15.

Between google voice and a cell phone, I can't imagine anyone needing a landline.

Members don't see this ad :)

well as others have said, that seems low. But aside from the fact that it is just expected of people to have a cell phone in 2013(what if employers need to contact you when you are not at home?), what about long distance calls? They are included in cell phone plans....and obviously you have to pay extra for them on landlines.

So even in some fantasy world where landlines are 15 dollars/month, after several long distance calls(which are really unavoidable these days since so many local people have long distance area codes through their cell phones), you're still going to spend a ton of money calling long distance from your landline if you don't have a cell phone.

The only people I know with landlines anymore are very very old people(like over 70)....everyone else just has cell phone.

I read recently that Google is likely to drop Voice in the next year (like they're dropping Reader).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised - not sure how they make money from the voice deal anyway, and can't blame them for dropping losers. But I sure do love it.

FYI: I have a friend I sometimes refer people to,and here is what she just told me she charges:

I charge 90 for 15 MM, 140 for mm and supportive/30min, and 195 for 50min mm and therapy. Initial is 275.

She treats adults and kids and graduated from child last year. It took her until April to fill up 3.5 days a week. She was doing contract work the rest of the week to get by initially. and is going to scale down the contract work soon. She gives 22% off her profits back to the practice and that takes care of all of her overhead, including EMR, answering service etc.

I think she is a skilled therapist in addition to being a great psychiatrist. I have had other friends join the same practice and they didn't end up staying in private practice, they ended up going into other jobs as they stated the money was not so great. I think there is something to be said for the huge component of therapeutic alliance, and being able to cultivate one. The friends I saw leave pp were imo not as skilled at therapy.

Back to OP, I have not been in PP very long, so my prices are still in flux. That is why I don't post them as the web page builder I use is clunky and annoying to edit. I do also give discounts and I like to be able to do this without anything being in print.

As a patient I know in my experience that seeing my psychologist is 125 dollars for 45 mins and 175 for an hour. When I see my psychiatrist the appointments usually run 30-45 mins depending on the things we need to talk about. I don't know how much it would cost out of pocket , my psychs clinic doesn't even take my insurance but she's a very kind woman so she agreed to see me.

Is your psychologists a PsyD or a Phd? There are many pop up PsyD schools around the country with little oversight.

Well remember when you finish medical school, internship, residency, boards, and all the USMLE's, your time and expertise is worth ALOT.

You do it your way but when doing PP you need to make a lot of phone calls for prescriptions. A lanline, for me, was far more effective than cell phone due to no dropped calls and a much clearer call. I haven't used Google voice. Maybe with that it's not worth a lanline.

I never answered the question. I dont' really know the answer. I can tell you why I wouldn't advertise them.

Ever watch Breaking Bad?

Better call Saul!
http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

At AAPL conferences, they offer guidelines and recommendations on advertising your practice and you are supposed to practice as if you're not Saul Goodman.

Advertising rates, IMHO, really makes you look cheap. Yeah, you're rates might not be cheap, but it makes you look like healing is not the goal.