Why do people look down upon Nova?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luv4eyz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happened at NOVA? Why do people think it's not the greatest school? I heard that the board passing rate is 89%! That's great!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, but is it consistently 89% or more? From some of the postings, it seems that it's only recently that it had reached that level.

The board pass rate at both PCO and NOVA jumped about 20 points last year due to the introduction of a review course called kmk review (www.kmkedu.com) that was offered last year. i heard that it was mandatory for all students and that is a major cause of the spike. this year the course is being offered in 6 sites i believe...
anyways the pass rate for the current boards really has nothing to do with anyone getting in now because you will be taking a totally different version of the boards because of the change... no one can really say how any school is going to do on this new part but i would assume that more clinically based schools will do better because its supposed to emphasize clinically based questions over rote memorization