Why do some people score higher?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CALgoob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

ive been wondering about this recently. why do some people score higher than others? isnt everyone pretty much studying the same material? does it all depend on the version of the test you take?

i understand there are different levels of intelligence between people but if everyone is memorizing/studying the same material, shouldnt most people on SDN get consistently good scores?

i havent taken the DAT yet so maybe im just a naive noob...:)

please clarify if you think you have an idea!

Members don't see this ad.

test anxiety, better test takers, smarter studiers, random questions, lucky guesses..etc. i think you can see where i'm going with this.

lmao "naive noob"

Its what albuterol stated above, def the luck of the draw, once your in there, etc. Man going back to the day sucked so bad, heart racing, was seeing blurry (the first 3 mins), then I just trucked through and was beat towards the end.

hey everyone,

ive been wondering about this recently. why do some people score higher than others? isnt everyone pretty much studying the same material? does it all depend on the version of the test you take?

i understand there are different levels of intelligence between people but if everyone is memorizing/studying the same material, shouldnt most people on SDN get consistently good scores?

i havent taken the DAT yet so maybe im just a naive noob...:)

please clarify if you think you have an idea!
why you have the same teachers, same textbook, same room, same tests, same time but people got 4.0 and some got 1.0. ????? that's obvious question right? cant believe a predent have this kind of quetions. DUMB Ass

Members don't see this ad :)
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

It may be true that most people use the same prep material for the test, not everyone learns this material to the same detail level. Some choose to supplement these concepts by occasionally consulting textbooks/internet. I actually think the biggest differences are the college/university courses that people take prior to writing the DAT. The more upper level bio and chem courses u take, the easier the DAT becomes. From my experience, there are certain concepts that I learned during my fourth year biochem courses that showed up on the DAT... FRAP being one often mentioned on this forum.

wow some of you need to calm down...

anyway, i understand that in college, some people study hard and some dont. but with the DAT, everyone is motivated to do well right? i was just wondering what separated the 25AA from 18AA if everyone is pretty much studying the same material...but yeah, i see what you guys are getting at.

thanks for all your input!

Confidence is a big factor too that goes untalked about. I bet if you ask a guy that made a 23 if he was worried about taking it. he would be to an extent but he wouldnt be freaking like some ppl. Either way, I can guarentee that If i had retaken the dat the day after I actually took it I probably would have scored three or four points lower.

This question is weird. It's all dependent on how well the individual retains information. Obviously right? Some do it better than others, hence the higher score.

Also, two people can know exactly the same thing and each come out with different scores based on their external environment. Stress plays a big role in the human psyche and the ability to solve problems. Count on me having plenty of Xanax in my system come DAT day.