Why do some schools NOT report their numbers to USNEWS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medicine2006

Happy Pisces
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you think some medical schools do not report their statistics to USNEWS? It bothers me that they don't.
 
•••quote:•••Originally posted by medicine2006:
•It bothers me that they don't.•••••Well, if I were you, I would write a letter to these schools elaborating on how much it bothers you. I'm sure they'll change their previous stance of not giving US NEWS any info. 🙄

Anyway, one of the reasons is probably b/c the rankings are heavily influenced by NIH money, so those schools that aren't research based get screwed over.