Why do you like pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They make 6 figures too! If you are the dean then you make even more $$$ I think you should go for it! :thumbup: However one drawback...you will need a PhD along with your PharmD.

Unfortunately, this isn't true. Some of the newer schools will take either or. Link, Link

Anyway, I like pharmacy for a reason stated by several of the other members here, the lack of bodily fluids.

Members don't see this ad.

Being a professor actually sounds pretty fun. The professors at my undergrad always seemed really cool and easygoing. I'm sure the job has its share of stress, but I always thought it would be nice to remain in the college setting indefinitely. lol

Hi,
I am an pre-optometry student and recently applied, so far no acceptances. I am starting to worry and now trying to think of other health professions that will suit my personality and will be challenging. I thought of pharmacy because of the set hours, meaningful job position, financial and job security. What are your personal reasons for choosing pharmacy and what are the negative aspects of the profession.
I chose optometry because of the set hours, the so-called job secuirty, and patient interaction. However, optometry is extremely competitive, insurances reimbursements is not good, and it can be difficult dealing with people becuase not everyone is a pleasant patient. I am still very interested in optometry but I want explore other possible options just in case I don't make the cut or have a change in heart.
I am not 100% sure of what I will decide but I was just curious and want some feedback... Thanks!

Good pay, stable job, many shifts work (day, evening, night...)

------------------------
Sullivan University (interviewed 10/30)
Touro University - California (accepted 11/13) :soexcited:
USN (accepted 11/13) :banana::banana::banana: