Why do you like your school?

xainabaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear dental students,

I am applying to dental schools for Fall 2013. If any of you are a student at any one of the following schools, please list what you like best about it and what you don't like or think can improve.

1) Louisiana State University Dental School (LSU)
2) NOVA dental school
3) Temple School of Dentistry
4) Case Western Reserve School of Dentistry
5) New York University
6) University of Pacific
7) Western University, Pomona, CA
8) Creighton University School of Dentistry
9) Tufts Dental
10) BU School of Dentistry
11) Marquette University School of Dentistry, Wisconsin
12) University of Mississippi
13) Meharry Dental School, Tennessee

Again, this question is ONLY for those students who are enrolled in ANY of the above universities. I am asking for your personal opinion on how YOU like/dislike the school you go to. Please don't give me the stats, already know that info.

Thank you,
Zainab

Members don't see this ad.

i'm applying to: NYU, Case, Nova, BU school of dentistry, and Marquette!! why, in general they have a very vigorous curriculum what will train you well as a future dentist. And of course each of the schools has it's own features...

Dear dental students,

I am applying to dental schools for Fall 2013. If any of you are a student at any one of the following schools, please list what you like best about it and what you don't like or think can improve.

1) Louisiana State University Dental School (LSU)
2) NOVA dental school
3) Temple School of Dentistry
4) Case Western Reserve School of Dentistry
5) New York University
6) University of Pacific
7) Western University, Pomona, CA
8) Creighton University School of Dentistry
9) Tufts Dental
10) BU School of Dentistry
11) Marquette University School of Dentistry, Wisconsin
12) University of Mississippi
13) Meharry Dental School, Tennessee

Again, this question is ONLY for those students who are enrolled in ANY of the above universities. I am asking for your personal opinion on how YOU like/dislike the school you go to. Please don't give me the stats, already know that info.

Thank you,
Zainab

Likes: Tuition/cost of living relative to other private schools in the area, the clinical experience, the envirnment ( many upperclassmen help out), the fact temple eases you into the curriculum ( first sem was easy, 1st year was not bad), the relatively new dean ( past 5 years) with the new renovations, and innovative thinking..a faculty member had told me the dean highly supports the students and I know that from personal experience as well. One quality I really value is the care the administration has towards the students, you really feel that they want you to succeed and won't just kick you out or make you repeat a year without first helping you with an issue. We have class capture= lectures are recorded and posted online for students to view later, this is huge help in case you are "sick" and don't attend class or want to review. I really like that most classes are not mandatory. It provides students with flexibility to chose to learn at their own pace if they chose so.

Dislike: the immediate location, BUT...its not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, broad street(where the school is located) is safe and there is an adequate amount of security in the area. What I do like about philly is that you can live in center city, pay about $700-1200/person, or live in the suburbs ( which is only 10-20 min from school) and pay $350-1000/person. You could keep your cost of living very low while still living in a great/safe area with the city nearby.

Thank you so much

Makes me like Temple already! :)