Why does UMDNJ-SOM take so long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ELDON30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my secondary application a long time ago and have not heard anything from UMDNJ-SOM. I guess if I haven't heard anything from them now, then it must be too late considering the class size. Has anyone heard from them in the last week or so? Does anyone know if UMDNJ-SOM is close to finishing their interview sessions?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat as you are. So sad! :(

I am in the same boat as both of you. After speaking with admissions, my file and probably both of yours are on hold for further review. Currently, the class size has not been filled and they are still interviewing. So basically, they are undecided in terms of granting us an interview. Oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete?

I figured that I would get an interview at UMDNJ-SOM since I am a state resident. I have gotten an interview (and acceptance) at PCOM and NYMC. But no word from UMDNJ! :(

I think i was complete sometime in october/november. I am also a state resident and thought I would have been granted an interview. I heard it's a very good school and would love the opportunity to atleast interview and visit the campus. I guess it's a waiting game. but since I haven't heard from them by now, i most likely won't hear from them.

I too am in the same damn boat. I sent my secondary in like early august and still nothing. I am from new jersey so it would be so much cheaper b.c i got into pcom and love it but its sooo much.

A friend there said that the class is nearly full so they might not interview many right now but as people decline they will later on again so he said not to worry. I dont understand why they take so long either b/c i felt my credentials were enough to get me an interview at least.

I am also in the same boat. I have been complete since october/novermber and I still haven't heard anything from them after I sent in the secondary. I also would love the opportunity to interview at UMDNJ-SOM, especially since I am also a NJ resident. I guess I should call the admissions office on Monday. I am expecting that my application is on hold just like the rest of you.

hey, littledoc2be... did you call them yesterday and what did they tell you?.... is it worth calling them this late into the interview session with very few slots open for interview?

I've talked with them several times. I applied in early aug. I havent heard anything at all. Im a NJ resident as well. It sure as hell seems to me that whoever gets rejected from the nyc and nj md schools gets accepted here. therefore they accept people who have high stats. In fact they liked my gpa, lors, and other stuff.. i was lackign in my mcats...most d.o. schools arent harsh about ur application if you are lackign in just one area. I've gotten accpted to several other d.o. schools already. UMDNJSOM wanted me to retake mcats --i was like ya rite....its a good school but they definitely seem to screen your application out if u are lackign in any one category

thats my 0.2 cents :)

1max2nv: Would you mind if I asked what your stats are?