Why hasnt UofM rejected me yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously, will they just end my misery already? Do they enjoy this sick game that they are playing on me. Zero interview invites left yet my status page is still "on hold". Either reject me or offer me an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously hate this process!

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously, will they just end my misery already? Do they enjoy this sick game that they are playing on me. Zero interview invites left yet my status page is still "on hold". Either reject me or offer me an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously hate this process!

This may be a stupid question, but everyone calls UMiami, UMich, and UMN the U of M, so which school are you talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be a stupid question, but everyone calls UMiami, UMich, and UMN the U of M, so which school are you talking about?
I was wondering the same

Call them and check your status of your application! If its still "under review" then you are fine.

The one that's highest ranked and regarded.

I was talking about University of Michigan. Sorry, I am from Michigan and when someone says UofM it is just thought of as University of Michigan here. Sorry for the confusion.

The one that's highest ranked and regarded.

How about the second largest campus in the nation with way more students than the other U of Ms (Minnesota)? haha

Dr. Hinkley at UM (the UM that is the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine) told us at the UF forum this weekend that he will start sending out rejection letters this week. :(

Dr. Hinkley at UM (the UM that is the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine) told us at the UF forum this weekend that he will start sending out rejection letters this week. :(

Does that include the Boca Raton campus as well? Also, do you know if they will still be offering interviews at all? I've only been complete there since 1/8 (I chose "no preference" with regard to which campus) and I was hoping that I'm not too late...

Does that include the Boca Raton campus as well? Also, do you know if they will still be offering interviews at all? I've only been complete there since 1/8 (I chose "no preference" with regard to which campus) and I was hoping that I'm not too late...

I'm not sure if it's the Miami campus or both. I asked him when they started rejecting when we were talking about how they rank students during the review of secondary applications. They apparantly don't reject anybody at first (if you pass some simple cutoffs and get a secondary), and just put them in the ranked list. They will start rejecting sometime this week. I don't know if this means that they'll just chop off the bottom half of the list, keep giving interviews, etc. I'm in the same boat, clueless about my own particular position or situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't actually been rejected yet (though I know they're done with interview invites) and was wondering about it too.

My hypothesis would be that they don't reject until they HAVE interviewed everyone, that way they still have a pool from which to pull if someone cancels their interview. But given that we're talking about the University of Michigan, that seems quite unlikely.

I haven't actually been rejected yet (though I know they're done with interview invites) and was wondering about it too.

My hypothesis would be that they don't reject until they HAVE interviewed everyone, that way they still have a pool from which to pull if someone cancels their interview. But given that we're talking about the University of Michigan, that seems quite unlikely.

How do you know they are done with interview invites? They didn't send me a secondary until 12/12/06, my app was completed on 1/8/07, and when I talked to them over the phone on 1/17 they said my app had gone under review the day before and I should hear something back in "a couple of weeks." If they are done inviting for interviews, I wonder why they didn't reject me already?

How do you know they are done with interview invites? They didn't send me a secondary until 12/12/06, my app was completed on 1/8/07, and when I talked to them over the phone on 1/17 they said my app had gone under review the day before and I should hear something back in "a couple of weeks." If they are done inviting for interviews, I wonder why they didn't reject me already?

From the UofM website.

Interviews

Offered: 800

Remaining: 0

From the UofM website.

Interviews

Offered: 800

Remaining: 0

Haha I thought we were talking about UMiami still, then I realized again that this thread was supposed to be about UMich. I hope Miami isn't done w/ interviews...

Haha I thought we were talking about UMiami still, then I realized again that this thread was supposed to be about UMich. I hope Miami isn't done w/ interviews...

They are not done with interviews. They have interviewes through March. I was interviewed last monday and expect to hear from them on 2/21.

For all who feel you are in limbo on the interview, you are not. Trust me, your going to find a nice letter in your mail next week, in fact theres an extremely good chance when you check your mail tommorow your gonna get R_E_J_E_C_T_E_D

For all who feel you are in limbo on the interview, you are not. Trust me, your going to find a nice letter in your mail next week, in fact theres an extremely good chance when you check your mail tommorow your gonna get R_E_J_E_C_T_E_D

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound.

Yea, that may be true, but at least I know the difference between "your" and "you're." Let me demonstrate: Your remarks confirm that you're an @$$hole.

And the rejection comesssssssssssss!!!! Damn you Granholm.... Maybe if you pumped more money into education UMich would accept more in state. Who am I kidding, UMich would just accept more undergrads from UMich and screw over the kids from over in state schools.

And the UofM "official" rejections start....my file is now closed, which I figured was going to happen during their website downtime this afternoon....just thought you all would like to know in case you want to check your status page!

Yea, that may be true, but at least I know the difference between "your" and "you're." Let me demonstrate: Your remarks confirm that you're an @$$hole.

:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup: