why implants is so much costly..........?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruthlong03

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
why the treatment of implants is too much costly than others treatment ?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
your paying for the time of the dentist doing the procedure, its not the materials much its the hours invested by the dr to learn the procedure so our time is worth that money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

Highly skilled professionals are necessary to perform the treatment for implants in order to deliver the most perfect result; this is the main reason why implants costs higher!!:)

Highly skilled professionals are necessary to perform the treatment for implants in order to deliver the most perfect result; this is the main reason why implants costs higher!!:)

me be that's right & I think the materials of implants are also costly............

Honestly, I think implants cost too much and would love to charge less so my patients can receive the treatment they need. However, our fees are dictated by the surgeon placing the implant (who often uses expensive implants, not equally effective alternatives like implant direct's line) and the dental lab that charges more to produce the abutment/crown.

hup

The high cost of implants is a contribution to the 1 mil salary of a recent graduate and decreases the time required to pay off the 500K debt for attending dental school.

Honestly, I think implants cost too much and would love to charge less so my patients can receive the treatment they need. However, our fees are dictated by the surgeon placing the implant (who often uses expensive implants, not equally effective alternatives like implant direct's line) and the dental lab that charges more to produce the abutment/crown.

hup

Are you honestly advocating the use of Implants Direct or Blue Sky Bio implants? Would you want something in YOUR mouth that has little or no research on the product?

Implant dentistry is something that should be supported by research BEFORE going to market. Not immediately jumping to Phase 4 post marketing surveillance and copying another companies design....

Umm, yes. I would have an Implant Direct implant placed in my mouth.

You sound like a periodontist..

hup

I'm pretty sure the manufacturers have the high profit margin for producing implants. Dentists do charge for profit but I think it's the manufacturers' enormous price hike that takes up the bulk of the total cost dished out to the patient. I remember reading this on DrBicuspid's highlights from Dr. Christensen's lecture at a recent convention where Dr. Christensen chided the manufacturer representatives:
"If you're with the three biggest companies, I'll say right to you: You're losing market because the prices are obscenely high," Dr. Christensen stated. His opinion, he added, was based on his knowledge of what it costs to make titanium implant pieces. "I know how much," he said, "and it's not much."
http://www.drbicuspid.com/index.aspx?sec=rca&sub=ada_2012&pag=dis&ItemID=311794&wf=33

If you think it's just a screw and research doesn't matter then why don't you just go down to Home Depot and get some screws and run them in the Autoclave? :confused:

Seriously? Wow.....

Please provide some literature comparing success rate of Nobel/Straumann/Zimmer vs. Implant Direct.

You comparing an Implant Direct fixture to a screw from home depot is not scoring your argument any cred. Sorry.

hup

Seriously? Wow.....

Please provide some literature comparing success rate of Nobel/Straumann/Zimmer vs. Implant Direct.

You comparing an Implant Direct fixture to a screw from home depot is not scoring your argument any cred. Sorry.

hup

I'd love to give you some literature about success rate's of implant direct. Unfortunately other then maybe anecdotal case reports or someone you know saying they work great, there is NO literature that I am aware of regarding survival, success, or any histology on ANY of their fixtures.

So as soon as you can show me any true literature on their product, then maybe we can try to draw a comparison?

Waiting......

Are you honestly advocating the use of Implants Direct or Blue Sky Bio implants? Would you want something in YOUR mouth that has little or no research on the product?

Implant dentistry is something that should be supported by research BEFORE going to market. Not immediately jumping to Phase 4 post marketing surveillance and copying another companies design....

Actually,

Most of implant direct's legacy implants are designed by Niznick and directly copied from Niznick's own designs at Zimmer. You can't fault a guy that builds a great dental implant company, sells it, and then opens another and builds it with similar principles.

Yes I agree there is little/no scientific data using implant direct versus major companies but their implants are the real deal, are 99% the same as the competitors and are a good value option compared to major manufacturers.

Would I use his implant line? Yup, but probably only the legacy line because it's probably the best one he's got.

The key is to be careful using implant direct prosthetic components with other systems (like with Nobel replace or Straumann bone level). A lot of information (literature and empirical reports) coming out now about the potential for micromotion, screw fatigue, and component/implant wear from mis-matched abutments/implants.

Actually,

Most of implant direct's legacy implants are designed by Niznick and directly copied from Niznick's own designs at Zimmer. You can't fault a guy that builds a great dental implant company, sells it, and then opens another and builds it with similar principles.

Yes I agree there is little/no scientific data using implant direct versus major companies but their implants are the real deal, are 99% the same as the competitors and are a good value option compared to major manufacturers.

Would I use his implant line? Yup, but probably only the legacy line because it's probably the best one he's got.

The key is to be careful using implant direct prosthetic components with other systems (like with Nobel replace or Straumann bone level). A lot of information (literature and empirical reports) coming out now about the potential for micromotion, screw fatigue, and component/implant wear from mis-matched abutments/implants.

As Titanium plate is used in here & its so costly..............