Why is my personal statement one paragraph?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aegis

Primary Care and Aerospace
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got verified today and when I click on the "print your application" button my PS is one paragraph with no indentations. It was correct when I typed it in. Did anyone else notice this? Do the schools recieve something different then what we can see when we click "print application"? I sure hope so.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was the same way. I'm not sure if that's the way med schools will see it, but I don't think there's anything that we can do abt it.

ut_stephen said:
Mine was the same way. I'm not sure if that's the way med schools will see it, but I don't think there's anything that we can do abt it.
this has been discussed at length in other threads. it happens to a lot of people, and the thought is that adcoms will understand when they see it. also, don't bother calling aamc to try and change it, they will not let you.

in order to get the spaces, you have to cut/paste into notepad, then cut/paste into the box, then double return at the end of a paragraph. in this way a new paragraph costs you 4 characters.

FaytlND said:
this has been discussed at length in other threads. it happens to a lot of people, and the thought is that adcoms will understand when they see it. also, don't bother calling aamc to try and change it, they will not let you.

in order to get the spaces, you have to cut/paste into notepad, then cut/paste into the box, then double return at the end of a paragraph. in this way a new paragraph costs you 4 characters.

That's exactly what I did and I told all of my friends to do the same. Just the thought of a big wall of writing with no paragraphs makes me not want to read it. :scared: