Why is SDN hosting a BeMo webinar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fxryker

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I said in this thread:

I'd seriously avoid BeMo, they charge ~$3,000 for their most popular CASPer prep course, and write cope-and-seethe blog posts against premed101 and r/premed, which are free resources that anyone with a healthy dose of personal vigilance can navigate.

Here are some quotes from premedditors' opinions regarding BeMo:
had to ban them and report them to admins after strong suspicion of report abuse on posts that dared speak negatively of their services and using sock puppet accounts to defend themselves –A r/premed moderator
"And while this is true in some cases, like most portals and public internet spaces, Reddit is often used by individuals and businesses to promote self-interested, hidden, or personal agendas." –BeMo's r/premed article
The irony of this being the first point they make is so juicy.

And my favorite:
Anyone know why SDN isn't called out as well btw?
Probably because SDN has a prominent adcom / physician presence. LizzyM alone could probably tank their revenues just by adding a few anti-BeMo lines to her school’s admissions page.

...so why is SDN hosting them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
A free webinar is a free webinar. It's not like they are forcing anyone to buy their services. Also, the evidence that you hold against them is heavily rhetoric based ("dare speak negatively" & "sock puppet accounts" among a few) though I won't doubt any negative experiences that some users may have had with the company. It's your choice to tune in.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Love the shout-out. Brought back memories of the college student at my dinner party who was mildly impressed/intrigued to learn that my identity was a topic of discussion on reddit.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
...so why is SDN hosting them?
Because they are a sponsor and they have a business relationship. Where do you think the money comes from to run the website, beyond donations from full members such as yourself? :)

I wouldn’t pay anyone a dime for casper prep. Anyone that tells you that for the small fee of thousands of dollars they can help you prepare for a test that nobody, possibly even the raters, knows how is scored is someone to be wary of imo.

Reactions: 4 users
Any company like BeMo, Shemmassian academic consulting (or however you spell it), etc, is a predatory cash-grab for desperate people who don’t even need them.

Don't forget that for that price you're actually getting a product worth $10,000+. Limited time offer of course. Much bargain, much wow.

I would almost consider paying it just to get the ads to disappear from my YouTube.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't forget that for that price you're actually getting a product worth $10,000+. Limited time offer of course. Much bargain, much wow.

And only 1 left!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users