Why is there no Native American option for Lizzie M score calculations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xdandelionflowerx

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Native American and was wondering how to calculate my Lizzie M score if there's no NM option? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I'm Native American and was wondering how to calculate my Lizzie M score if there's no NM option? Thanks
I don't think you are understanding the score. It just takes into account GPA and MCAT. If there was enough data for NAs, entering race would just tell you where you are on that race's distribution curve, but race is NOT an input into calculating the score -- just cGPA and MCAT.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think you are understanding the score. It just takes into account GPA and MCAT. If there was enough data for NAs, entering race would just tell you where you are on that race's distribution curve, but race is NOT an input into calculating the score -- just cGPA and MCAT.
Ah, I'm new here, so you are correct; I definitely was not understanding the score! Thank you. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, I'm new here, so you are correct; I definitely was not understanding the score! Thank you. :)
Don't put too much weight in it. It's just a quick and dirty way to quantify what you already know -- whether your GPA and MCAT are good or not. So much more goes into an application that it really doesn't have a lot of value on its own. Look into the WedgeDawg scale -- it is a much more nuanced and, in my opinion, more useful tool in helping narrow down a school list.

Reactions: 1 users