Why is Uworld adding so many new questions for Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This year, Uworld has added hundreds of new questions for the Step 2 CK version. Yesterday and today alone 11 new questions were added. The newly added questions do not seem to be harder than the typical previous questions. Is the actual Step 2 CK exam changing and so Uworld is adding different questions in?

Members don't see this ad.

This year, Uworld has added hundreds of new questions for the Step 2 CK version. Yesterday and today alone 11 new questions were added. The newly added questions do not seem to be harder than the typical previous questions. Is the actual Step 2 CK exam changing and so Uworld is adding different questions in?
Hi. I an IMG. I will take the step 2 ck next friday (May 17th). I noticed the same you mention about the uworld adding more question during my preparation time... But there is something else that scared me last saturday (...). I started to prepare for step 2 ck on January 2019. I did nbme form 6 for base reference. 2 months later, after having reviewed 2/3 of the UW, I took nbme form 7 and went up 36 points compared to form 6, and also did UWSA form 1 and got 220... Then I kept studying with some inconvenients that made me pass the test date from May 3rd to May 17th. Two weeks ago I did nbme form 8, and I passed it comfortably (taking in an account that they say nbme underpredict the real score for step 2 ck). BUT last saturday I took the UWSA FORM 2 and got a horrible 197 in the 3 digit score, after having completed the whole uw qbank and almost half of the usmle-rx... It just did not make sense to me. And the questions on this UWSA form 2 were pretty much like the regular study questions and harder. That saturday I did the diagnostic test of the Kaplan step 2 ck and got over 70% correct questions (enough to pass)... So, I wonder if UW changed the form 2 for some reason (?). Has anybody had this experience during this last 6 days?

Thanks for your attention!!

that's a really good point... I will say that when taking the exam after doing uw, i did feel as if uw did not adequately prepare me for the exam. what frightened me most was that people were complaining of the same in the days and weeks before my exam. ... essentially i will say that i am glad uw is updating their question bank.. i would never wish what i went through on anyone else

that's a really good point... I will say that when taking the exam after doing uw, i did feel as if uw did not adequately prepare me for the exam. what frightened me most was that people were complaining of the same in the days and weeks before my exam. ... essentially i will say that i am glad uw is updating their question bank.. i would never wish what i went through on anyone else
Do you mind expanding on what you mean when you say that UWorld didn't prepare you as well for CK? Are there other qbanks that you'd recommend? And is there any value to doing the NBMEs? I'm just getting into step 2 studying so a lot is not clear to me yet. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind expanding on what you mean when you say that UWorld didn't prepare you as well for CK? Are there other qbanks that you'd recommend? And is there any value to doing the NBMEs? I'm just getting into step 2 studying so a lot is not clear to me yet. Thanks!

I wouldn't take his/her advice too too strongly. Everyone I've talked to says Step 2 is very close to UWorld and the content is all there.