You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Why isn't anyone talking about the Match?
Started by typhoonegator
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good number of people from my school matched neuro. I know of 6, but I’m sure there’s more. All but one got their top 3.
Looking at the match data, I see that neuro continues to be very non USMD friendly specialty.
Looking at the match data, I see that neuro continues to be very non USMD friendly specialty.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DO student in midwest 250/260s Step 1 and 2. No significant research background. Matched my #1 choice at strong university program in midwest. Did not apply to advanced programs. Very pleased.
Word on the street is several programs did not fill. I don't know much more than that.
23 categorical and 15 advance spots. Not too bad considering 900 total spots to begin with.Word on the street is several programs did not fill. I don't know much more than that.
RadOnc had 30 out of 210 spots that didn't fill.
RadOnc has been taking a beating lately... I think they gonna have to reach into the IMG/FMG pool.23 categorical and 15 advance spots. Not too bad considering 900 total spots to begin with.
RadOnc had 30 out of 210 spots that didn't fill.
A lot are talking on reddit instead. It would be nice if we could do a neuro name and shame section here.
I matched to a top-20 program Friday and am pleased. My program had a favorable neuro match with everyone matching strong programs.
Overall, the whole interview process discussion for each specialty has pretty much moved to reddit. The neuro reddit sheet has thousands of comments (and a name/shame section if that's your thing)
Overall, the whole interview process discussion for each specialty has pretty much moved to reddit. The neuro reddit sheet has thousands of comments (and a name/shame section if that's your thing)
Link ?I matched to a top-20 program Friday and am pleased. My program had a favorable neuro match with everyone matching strong programs.
Overall, the whole interview process discussion for each specialty has pretty much moved to reddit. The neuro reddit sheet has thousands of comments (and a name/shame section if that's your thing)
Link ?
Huh, I didn't know google docs could embed like that. Oh well.
A little late to the party, but another happily matched DO here!
Finally, after 4 years of scratching a living in osteopathic school, I'm finally going back to where I belong.
I am looking forward to giving back to SDN for all the knowledge I've gained over the years.
Finally, after 4 years of scratching a living in osteopathic school, I'm finally going back to where I belong.
I am looking forward to giving back to SDN for all the knowledge I've gained over the years.
A little late to the party, but another happily matched DO here!
Finally, after 4 years of scratching a living in osteopathic school, I'm finally going back to where I belong.
I am looking forward to giving back to SDN for all the knowledge I've gained over the years.
Where’d u match? And what were your stats?
^Unfortunately, neurology programs are small enough that DOs can stand out some. For the sake of anonymity, I'd rather not say.
The good news is that the info you are looking for can be found in reddit's yearly "residency match results" threads. You can see a decent sample size of scores/matched programs from the previous years' applicants. I don't believe 2019 has been released yet, but I may yet contribute and you can perhaps find your answer there in a nice anonymous spreadsheet. 😉
The good news is that the info you are looking for can be found in reddit's yearly "residency match results" threads. You can see a decent sample size of scores/matched programs from the previous years' applicants. I don't believe 2019 has been released yet, but I may yet contribute and you can perhaps find your answer there in a nice anonymous spreadsheet. 😉
I just found out I probably won’t be rotating in neuro 3rd year which is unfortunate. I’ll do some early 4th year but any advice on how a DO student can show dedication to the field and match somewhere? The neurotic part of me is coming out haha^Unfortunately, neurology programs are small enough that DOs can stand out some. For the sake of anonymity, I'd rather not say.
The good news is that the info you are looking for can be found in reddit's yearly "residency match results" threads. You can see a decent sample size of scores/matched programs from the previous years' applicants. I don't believe 2019 has been released yet, but I may yet contribute and you can perhaps find your answer there in a nice anonymous spreadsheet. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out I probably won’t be rotating in neuro 3rd year which is unfortunate. I’ll do some early 4th year but any advice on how a DO student can show dedication to the field and match somewhere? The neurotic part of me is coming out haha
Replied in your other thread.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K