Why not UHCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovelydisaster

UHCO c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I've been reading a lot of posts regarding almost all of the schools out there except UHCO. I'm really interested in applying there next year.. is there a reason why I don't see a lot of posts about UHCO? (or, do not many people apply there/accept and why?) I'm from Texas so I'm quite interested since Texas is pretty huge with some competitive colleges around here.

Also: If you did get accepted, or are currently attending UHCO, what are your stats, etc? What do you think they really concentrate and look for in an applicant? Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

lovelydisaster,
I am also wanting to go to the Houston School of Optometry...currently I am a sophomore in TX, plano (so I have time). I emailed the admissions lady at houston and she told me they are calculating math & science gpa this year...as well as prerequisite.
seems to me like houston optometry school is pretty competitive.
But, there is an Optometric School opening up in SanAntonio in 2009.
Maybe the Houston School will have to give us some slack because of this new school, ... or atleast - the Optometric School in SanAntonio is bound to be a little easier to get into since it will not be as well an established program.

Well Prerna, looks like no one gives but us? lol

Seems so Cindy!
No one else is interested in being a super cool future OD in TX but us :)