Why NYMC Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singh0113

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an interview coming up at NYMC. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to answer the why NYMC question? I know that they are known for their high board scores, amazing anatomy lab, and allowing students to rotate in NYC. Any other unique or great features of a medical education at NYMC? I have read their website and viewbook but have not found anything else that stands out. Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if you can't come up with a reason as to why you want to go there, what's the point?

yellowpersuazio said:
Well, if you can't come up with a reason as to why you want to go there, what's the point?
The original post mentioned some of NYMC's specific qualities. The OP is simply looking for helpful feedback from others to see if there are other qualities he/she may have overlooked or that he/she is not yet aware of. I can relate to the irritation when people start threads like this and it's obvious that they haven't thought about their decisions to apply to various schools and they're just fishing for other people's reasons. But in this thread the OP has mentioned some of NYMC's specific attributes. There's no need for caustic remarks.

I agree, and sometimes the only reason to attend a certain medical school is that it is a medical school and will allow you to become a doctor. To me that's reason enough.