You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Why should we chose you over the other students?
Started by Shares143
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Answer me first, why do u want to know , you must be up to something, in this forum you need ur explaination why u want to know a specific question then we will answer you, if u ask out of no where without any explaination why u ask then NO we will not answer you =)Shares143 said:How would you answer this question?
WorcesterPHOBoy said:Answer me first, why do u want to know , you must be up to something, in this forum you need ur explaination why u want to know a specific question then we will answer you, if u ask out of no where without any explaination why u ask then NO we will not answer you =)
WOA! you're tough!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shares143 said:How would you answer this question?
What makes you unique? What experiences have you had (EC, work, relationships etc.) that make you a strong individual or would prepare you to be a good pharmacist? There are a lot of strong, qualified candidates out there with good GPA's and PCAT scores. So what is it, besides grades alone, that would make you a great addition to the school's program?
I think the schools are mainly looking for something that makes you stand out.

Shares143 said:How would you answer this question?
I wouldn't choose you. I would choose me!
Excuse me... I am not "up to anything." I feel insulted by that comment. I was just asking because I don't know how to answer that interview question without making myself look conceited.WorcesterPHOBoy said:Answer me first, why do u want to know , you must be up to something, in this forum you need ur explaination why u want to know a specific question then we will answer you, if u ask out of no where without any explaination why u ask then NO we will not answer you =):
I am came here to this forum for support and information so I apologize if I came to the wrong place.
Shares143 said:How would you answer this question?
Why do you think you deserved to be accepted over others?
Shares143 said:Excuse me... I am not "up to anything." I feel insulted by that comment. I was just asking because I don't know how to answer that interview question without making myself look conceited.
I am came here to this forum for support and information so I apologize if I came to the wrong place.
As soon as I read the thread title, I knew exactly why you were asking. Don't let anyone bug you by their defensiveness. It's all good.
Chris
My advice: eat some comfort food and sit on the couch.. and do some great heart/mind reading. Sometimes when I get too caught up and nervous about what I am going to say.. I rehearse it in my head. Oh and don't worry, you need to sell yourself! Some people don't want to act conceited but remember you wanna get into that school and you don't want the girl or guy next to you to get your spot! Just relax... and figure it out why you should be at the school before any Jack or Jane! if you can't find an answer, maybe it isn't meant to be
I think a decent approach to this question is to let the schools know what you can contribute to the school and to your immediate class. If it's an open interview, they can already see a lot things about you (stats, ECs, etc)... but they don't know about your mental makeup. Maybe you're determined to be a leader on campus, maybe you want to start up a club, maybe you have some personality traits/life accomplishments that are just amazing, etc.
It doesn't have to be earth shattering, but just something that'll stick out a bit. Also, make sure to emphasize your commitment to pharmacy on top of anything unique. It can't hurt to continually emphasize your love for it, can it? 👍
It doesn't have to be earth shattering, but just something that'll stick out a bit. Also, make sure to emphasize your commitment to pharmacy on top of anything unique. It can't hurt to continually emphasize your love for it, can it? 👍
Shares143 said:Excuse me... I am not "up to anything." I feel insulted by that comment. I was just asking because I don't know how to answer that interview question without making myself look conceited.
I am came here to this forum for support and information so I apologize if I came to the wrong place.
Some comments you have to learn to look past...
There is a difference in being conceited and being confident. You are trying to sell yourself, your strengths, and your qualities to the school. By "sell" I'm talking about convincing them that you are sincerely qualified to be there. Think long and hard about your strengths and why they are your strengths.
While on this topic, you may want to think about your weaknesses also. Some interviewers ask what your weaknesses are, so be prepared to talk about them as well.
Good luck.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shares143 said:Thank you for the kind responses... 🙂
Well basically, no one has answer you yet they just give u idea what to think and u already why (cuz we tryin to get into pharmacy school too and we will basically answer the same question they will be asking so we do not want to tell you what we going to say to make us stand out cuz we want the committee to pick me not you"...well.. good luck 👍..just think something make u stand out that's all
WorcesterPHOBoy said:Well basically, no one has answer you yet they just give u idea what to think and u already why (cuz we tryin to get into pharmacy school too and we will basically answer the same question they will be asking so we do not want to tell you what we going to say to make us stand out cuz we want the committee to pick me not you"...well.. good luck 👍..just think something make u stand out that's all
what is your problem? you're so inconsiderate when you post.
WorcesterPHOBoy said:Well basically, no one has answer you yet they just give u idea what to think and u already why (cuz we tryin to get into pharmacy school too and we will basically answer the same question they will be asking so we do not want to tell you what we going to say to make us stand out cuz we want the committee to pick me not you"...well.. good luck 👍..just think something make u stand out that's all
Ouch, you're tough. Of course, don't you think the reason why no one has said SPECIFICALLY what the OP should say is because no one personally knows the OP? We're providing guidelines of topics that would be good to broach, which is really all that we can do. I mean cmon, no one is withholding information because we are afraid someone else is going to say the same thing we are. That's rather silly...
The point of this message board is to confide in one another and root each other on to reach our common goals. You should do the same.
WorcesterPHOBoy said:Well basically, no one has answer you yet they just give u idea what to think and u already why (cuz we tryin to get into pharmacy school too and we will basically answer the same question they will be asking so we do not want to tell you what we going to say to make us stand out cuz we want the committee to pick me not you"...well.. good luck 👍..just think something make u stand out that's all
Wow. Punctuation is your friend.
MrIntricate said:Ouch, you're tough. Of course, don't you think the reason why no one has said SPECIFICALLY what the OP should say is because no one personally knows the OP? We're providing guidelines of topics that would be good to broach, which is really all that we can do. I mean cmon, no one is withholding information because we are afraid someone else is going to say the same thing we are. That's rather silly...
The point of this message board is to confide in one another and root each other on to reach our common goals. You should do the same.
well said, i dont see why all the hostility is necessary...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Question
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
H
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 783
H
