Why so many pre-dents here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rose786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I myself am pre-dent, but there are SO many questions on this board that seem like they belong in the pre-dent forum. The allopathic board moves any threads that belong in pre-allo, and I think this board should do the same. I want to read about dental school from people actually there, not questions from those who aren't in yet. It just seems very random and cluttered.

Members don't see this ad.

So clutter it up more with this thread. That seems logical.:rolleyes:

Probably because most people with REAL answers, the people actually in school, are in this board. I try to help people out in the pre-dent forum, but usually just get bashed by some person who has no idea what school or the profession is actually like. Kinda frustrating, but whatever, I feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing I tried.

Members don't see this ad :)
A fair amount of pre-dent questions are more beneficial to the original poster in the dental forum. Questions that a soon-to-be 1st year involving living arrangements, financial aid, equipment purchase, getting really close to being a real dental student worries, and so forth. I understand there's a lot of how much can I make or should I specialize business but it's nice to get the advanced dental students view on those topics. Honestly, after going through here's my stats/I'm I competitive/my chances at this school/here's why interviewed/waitlisted/accepted in pre-dent I realize that the info there stops. Any real advice on the above mentioned topics is absolutely baseless so it's good to receive accurate info here (even in an "I'm an introvert" thread that was just moved to pre-dent).

Last edited:
Additionally, we're now at that time of year when many of us pre-dents are graduating and moving on up to the dental forum.