1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Why such short notice?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MedApp2003, Oct 1, 2002.

1. MedApp2003

MedApp2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Are the rest of you getting pretty short notice about interviews?

Do they look at where you live to see if it would be possible to come at such short notice?

I got an email from Yale with 3 days notice! and one from columbia wtih less than a week!

Do they know i live in NYC and this would be possible, or is it standard practice to give such short notice? I am a little worried if I get the same notice time for west coast interviews .... expensive tickets!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

yah...i similarly got short notices from columbia. although i haven't gotten invite from yale yet, the trip from new haven to manhatten should be like 1.5-2 hours w/ metro north (look at the website). that's shorter than than the time it takes for me to catch a shuttle to the airport....

if i had a choice, i'd like to schedule interviews for schools w/o rolling admissions later in the year since u could get experience from prior interviews. there's no advantage interviewing early if the decisions don't come out early.

4. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I've scheduled 7 interview so far, and all have given me at least a month's notice in advance. I know U. Florida gave my roommate less than a week's notice. They must be looking at your geographic location because unless a school was really awesome, I personally would think twice before dishing out a ton of a cash for an interview (aren't last minute tickets over $1000?)

5. abw

abw Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm in NJ, and was only given 13 days notice for a Florida interview. I missed all of the deals (you needed 14 days notice to get a discount), but would rather interview early and spend the money.

6. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I think about 93 mins if you catch an Express from GCT, and maybe 104 if you catch a Local. 3 days is sort of ridiculous, although one of my friends got like a 4 day notice for a school 6 hours (by car/train) away (because it was via USMail, I think).

-RA