Why this school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfnforever

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there was ever asked in a saint matthews university intervivew, why they chose SMU and not a US school. I know a lot of people use the carribean schools as "back up" schools, but I was just wondering what other people thought on this subject...

Also, I searched VMD, but couldn't find anything too specific( or recent) about the questions that were asked in the SMU phone interview.... can someone help me out please?! My interview is Monday and i'm nervous!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone out there was ever asked in a saint matthews university intervivew, why they chose SMU and not a US school. I know a lot of people use the carribean schools as "back up" schools, but I was just wondering what other people thought on this subject...

Also, I searched VMD, but couldn't find anything too specific( or recent) about the questions that were asked in the SMU phone interview.... can someone help me out please?! My interview is Monday and i'm nervous!

I was accepted to ROSS,SABA and SMU. They all ask it. So just think what was the reason for you to pick SMU. They usually want you to be more or less honest, and also figure out how much competition they've got. Look, they do look at your stats, b/c nobody wants an outright failure for their stats. But they all are fighting for your $$$$$ as well.... the more the merrier. So you could say something like you were impressed with some of their graduates, step scores, residency placement, an overall growth etc. Don't worry. It's not U.S school. They have raised their standards a bit, b/c they want to re-apply for Cali approval few years from now, and need to show some work.

Good luck