Why was I rejected?

Started by hello311
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hello311

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there MD/PhD admissions committees that will you give you feedback as to why they rejected you?
 
I know Rochester says on their website that they will. In terms of other programs, it doesn't hurt to ask. A lot won't, but some might.
 
If you weren't admitted anywhere, it doesn't hurt to ask politely and in writing. If you do have an acceptance, I can see some programs that rejected you getting a bit annoyed by a request for feedback, although it doesn't "hurt" you per se to ask anyway. There is no guarantee you will get any useful feedback from a given program.