Why Western U?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SavoirFaire

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of their secondary and they want to know why I chose their school. I think these questions would be better asked in an interview/after an interview because it is not usually until you actually see the school that you know you want to go there. Regardless, I applied to Western mostly for reputation, location, and the fact that I am near their MCAT/GPA averages.

What are some positive aspects of Western that clearly distinguish it from other programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd suggest going on their website and looking around at their programs. Look at their student groups, curriculum, etc. Try to find the things about them that really jump out at you and set them apart from other schools. They have a lot of information online so it shouldn't be too tough- this is what I did for this question.
Good luck!

I am in the middle of their secondary and they want to know why I chose their school. I think these questions would be better asked in an interview/after an interview because it is not usually until you actually see the school that you know you want to go there. Regardless, I applied to Western mostly for reputation, location, and the fact that I am near their MCAT/GPA averages.

What are some positive aspects of Western that clearly distinguish it from other programs?

What did you hear about their reputation?

There's plenty of information on SDN and on the website. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Talk about how you're absolutely in love with the concept of "Interprofessional Education" ...... and they'll just eat it up.

LOL sounds to me like someone wants their essay written for them.

How about writing about how they're not ATSU and that's all that matters to you right now. Then throw some crap in there about how you were waitlisted at SOMA and it ruined your life.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

How about writing about how they're not ATSU and that's all that matters to you right now. Then throw some crap in there about how you were waitlisted at SOMA and it ruined your life.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Lol :smuggrin:

...Be honest. If you B.S. it will come through in your essay. You must have reason to choose the schools you applied to no? DO NOT reiterate the same stuff on the web, think of how many other students do that. Make a personal connection. Writing 101....