-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Why...
Started by MiniLop
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'd definitely recommend several years of psychoanalytic therapy, several times a week at $200 a pop. If that doesn't work, there's always brainspotting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't like loud noises.
I love those posts, it feels like classic SDN to me.
Yeah, it is, seemingly, the most common types of threads.I love those posts, it feels like classic SDN to me.
I think it is my responsibility to inform students about the dangers of those types of programs.
Sanman
O.G.
I'd definitely recommend several years of psychoanalytic therapy, several times a week at $200 a pop.
I second this, but virtual therapy and only with me as the analyst. I accept Venmo and always blame your mother.
Finally found that new practice niche!
Sanman
O.G.
Oh, it's not so much that those threads exist (they help at least some people); it's my existential despair over the fact that I keep reading them!
Okay, $195/session final offer...
Disclaimer: Discount only applies if you put video up of a bunny during the zoom sessions, I always wanted to analyze a bunny. I feel like it would me calming...
Hope your first name isn’t Albert.😉Okay, $195/session final offer...
Disclaimer: Discount only applies if you put video up of a bunny during the zoom sessions, I always wanted to analyze a bunny. I feel like it would me calming...
My favorite are the defensive ones. Where theyre looking for some confirmation bias. Erg usually jumps on this pretty quick and i enjoy the subsequent posts.
My favorite are the defensive ones. Where theyre looking for some confirmation bias. Erg usually jumps on this pretty quick and i enjoy the subsequent posts.
You mean the ones who are attending AllYourLoansAreBelongToUs School of Professional Psychology, and they want us all to tell them what a wonderful choice they made?
Please tell me what you see in the image- it is the key to understanding why you read all those posts
I see an overpriced sneaker 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oof, I feel old.You mean the ones who are attending AllYourLoansAreBelongToUs School of Professional Psychology, and they want us all to tell them what a wonderful choice they made?
Okay, $195/session final offer...
Disclaimer: Discount only applies if you put video up of a bunny during the zoom sessions, I always wanted to analyze a bunny. I feel like it would me calming...
Counter offer: I only charge $190/hour and I'll blame your mother and your father.
D
deleted343839
...do I feel compelled to read all of the threads asking about online degrees/random terrible PsyD programs/etc.? I know what they will say, and yet I still read them.
I need help.
It's a behavioral addiction and unfortunately there are few treatment programs available. But here's the good news: I'm opening a resort-style healing center that is based on principles of energy healing and judicious use of CBD. There are still a limited number of spots available for founding members and I take Venmo so don't let this once in a lifetime opportunity pass you by!
View attachment 316364
Please tell me what you see in the image- it is the key to understanding why you read all those posts
I see my mother. That's normal, right?
Oof, I feel old.
Counter offer: I only charge $190/hour and I'll blame your mother and your father.
I charge $600, which is my standard rate because I'm so good and I use an ecclectic approach so you can expect to have the best outcomes possible from all the different approaches at once.
It's a behavioral addiction and unfortunately there are few treatment programs available. But here's the good news: I'm opening a resort-style healing center that is based on principles of energy healing and judicious use of CBD. There are still a limited number of spots available for founding members and I take Venmo so don't let this once in a lifetime opportunity pass you by!
I'm only coming if there's forest bathing.
D
deleted343839
I'm only coming if there's forest bathing.
Look, don't spoil my Diamond-level member benefits.
I'm only coming if there's forest bathing.
Lavender essential oils go well with this. Aligns the **** outta your chakras.
I'd definitely recommend several years of psychoanalytic therapy, several times a week at $200 a pop. If that doesn't work, there's always brainspotting.
Well now I feel dumb for paying more than that hourly rate for full psychoanalysis.
My sunny disposition is evidence enough.
Well now I feel dumb for paying more than that hourly rate for full psychoanalysis.
My sunny disposition is evidence enough.
I admittedly don't know much about rates for psychoanalysis. I think I know maybe one person in my metro who does it.
I admittedly don't know much about rates for psychoanalysis. I think I know maybe one person in my metro who does it.
It's antiquated, but like marital therapy, I think it is a useful tool for Non-Axis I behavior that interfere with quality of life. I also think that many therapists over-pathologize things, which allows them to collude with the patient and get that insurance money. Personality factors might be adaptive in one area, but not in another.
My initial/diagnostic analyst charges $400/hr, minimum 3x/week, with an expected length of treatment between 3-5 years. And they take Augusts off, but you still gotta pay for that month. Switched to a cheaper option after the diagnostics.
It's antiquated, but like marital therapy, I think it is a useful tool for Non-Axis I behavior that interfere with quality of life. I also think that many therapists over-pathologize things, which allows them to collude with the patient and get that insurance money. Personality factors might be adaptive in one area, but not in another.
My initial/diagnostic analyst charges $400/hr, minimum 3x/week, with an expected length of treatment between 3-5 years. And they take Augusts off, but you still gotta pay for that month. Switched to a cheaper option after the diagnostics.
That is quite a pretty penny. To each their own where we find value. You pay a few hundred bucks a session for that, I buy a softball bat for one of those session costs 😉
It's antiquated, but like marital therapy, I think it is a useful tool for Non-Axis I behavior that interfere with quality of life. I also think that many therapists over-pathologize things, which allows them to collude with the patient and get that insurance money. Personality factors might be adaptive in one area, but not in another.
This is why I've considered it. I've got stuff (I think we all do to a certain extent), that I just don't see being well addressed by some behaviorist or CBT or ACT dude.
Sanman
O.G.
It's antiquated, but like marital therapy, I think it is a useful tool for Non-Axis I behavior that interfere with quality of life. I also think that many therapists over-pathologize things, which allows them to collude with the patient and get that insurance money. Personality factors might be adaptive in one area, but not in another.
My initial/diagnostic analyst charges $400/hr, minimum 3x/week, with an expected length of treatment between 3-5 years. And they take Augusts off, but you still gotta pay for that month. Switched to a cheaper option after the diagnostics.
Still beats the tax attorney that recently quoted me $600/hr and charges you for arguing about the bill. Between that and analysis, I would need a social worker to find me housing after I am broke. I'll stick to the heavy bag and lifting weights for exorcising my demons.
This is why I've considered it. I've got stuff (I think we all do to a certain extent), that I just don't see being well addressed by some behaviorist or CBT or ACT dude.
@PsyDr
Out of curiosity, how would you describe the goal of psychoanalysis?
Dude, bunnies are exhausting--you have to watch them so closely or else they will chew everything you own (including apparently delicious electronic cords)!Okay, $195/session final offer...
Disclaimer: Discount only applies if you put video up of a bunny during the zoom sessions, I always wanted to analyze a bunny. I feel like it would me calming...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sanman
O.G.
Dude, bunnies are exhausting--you have to watch them so closely or else they will chew everything you own (including apparently delicious electronic cords)!
This is why I prefer virtual bunnies...
psychlife19
Full Member
The sneaker reminded me of this thing I saw onlineView attachment 316364
Please tell me what you see in the image- it is the key to understanding why you read all those posts
Similar threads
- Replies
- 22
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 1K