WI Supplemental App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigertamer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Is anyone else having trouble when they cut and paste into the U of Wi Supplemental App? The essays have gone in and saved ok, but I just went back to review them prior to submission (after not having entered the website for a few days), and everywhere I had quotation marks or a dash (etc.) has turned into some kind of symbolism that looks like ancient lettering! UGH!!!!!

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, or if it is happening to you, too, please help!

THANKS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes that happens when you paste into other programs. I would go through and just re-enter the quotes and punctuation. I would not repaste any of the stuff into it. Good luck!

I had the same problem and just re-entered the quotation marks, apostrophes, etc. again and that solved that :) Something to do with how the font is pasted in I think...VMCAS kept doing that for me when I tried to put in my middle name!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Phew!!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for your help!!! I re-entered the punctuation directly in to app, and it stayed this time (though somehow increased the number of characters! ... but beggars can't be choosers!!!)

Anyway, I am back to being sane (well...) again. THANK YOU!!!

I finished yesterday and that was my last supplemental. YAY! :clap::clap::clap:

Isn't it exciting to be all done with the apps part!?!

Heh, happened to me too, but only for the first essay for some reason.. all completed in Word.

SO glad that's out of the way, though the WI Supplemental was actually the easiest to finish in terms of straightforwardness and not having to FREAKIN' repeat everything I already put in the VMCAS just cause they want an extra $50. An actual supplemental... whodda thunk it?

Good luck to all!