WICHE and AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rls303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm in a bit of dilemma right now and I am not entirely sure what to do. I have matriculated at AZCOM and I know that some of my classmates are taking advantage of the WICHE scholarship. While I do understand that these are residents of the state of Arizona, they had also mentioned that if you are a non-resident and express an intent/interest to practice in AZ that you may eligible for these incentives. I am a resident of the state of California and I checked out the WICHE website which lists California as one of the states applicable to receive WICHE. However I am under the impression that one would only receive WICHE aid if one is from an underprivileged area or rural one within California, which I would not really qualify for. Or am I missing something?

I tried reading the website and that is what I could gather, am I correct? I'm truly blessed to have been accepted into Medical school but I am so scared about the $50K/year price tag I have to pay. I would genuinely be interested in practicing in Arizona so I would truly welcome any aid I get as a reward.

Thanks so much guys!

Members don't see this ad.