WICHE program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GymClassHero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a resident of Idaho (hence the name), which does not have a medical school. I know that UWashington and UUtah have the WWAMI, which allows a certain number of Idaho residents into their med schools. I've come across med schools (N. Dakota, Nevada, Oregon) that have a program called the WICHE, but I haven't been able to find many details about it. Does anyone know if the WICHE program includes consideration of Idaho residents?

Members don't see this ad.

spudboy2 said:
I'm a resident of Idaho (hence the name), which does not have a medical school. I know that UWashington and UUtah have the WWAMI, which allows a certain number of Idaho residents into their med schools. I've come across med schools (N. Dakota, Nevada, Oregon) that have a program called the WICHE, but I haven't been able to find many details about it. Does anyone know if the WICHE program includes consideration of Idaho residents?

I don't know about other schools, but I know that Colorado is WICHE friendly and that Idaho is in the WICHE program. I'm in-state, so I haven't needed to research it, but you can get info at: http://wiche.edu/. Not sure how it affects your tuition, but I know that out-of-state tuition is super $$ in CO. Best of luck spudboy!

medicalbound said:
I don't know about other schools, but I know that Colorado is WICHE friendly and that Idaho is in the WICHE program. I'm in-state, so I haven't needed to research it, but you can get info at: http://wiche.edu/. Not sure how it affects your tuition, but I know that out-of-state tuition is super $$ in CO. Best of luck spudboy!

Thanks for the link medicalbound! Do you know if Colorado gives any added consideration to Idaho residents (and other WICHE state residents), or do your stats have to be highly exceptional to get into Colorado if you aren't a Colorado resident (like most public schools)?