WICHE program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diocletian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in Washington (we have one medical school) and I just learned about the WICHE program. Apparently Washington is part of it, and schools from western states give preference to students residing in WICHE states??

Does this mean that as a resident of Washington, I could get preference at schools like North Dakota or Iowa? Help! I'm a little confused.

Members don't see this ad.

I live in Washington (we have one medical school) and I just learned about the WICHE program. Apparently Washington is part of it, and schools from western states give preference to students residing in WICHE states??

Does this mean that as a resident of Washington, I could get preference at schools like North Dakota or Iowa? Help! I'm a little confused.

Yes. Your residency still counts, but you also get preference at those schools in WICHE states.

Edit-----

I'm trippin'. My bad.

Last edited:

The WICHE benefits apply to you if you are a resident of a WICHE state without a medical school. As a resident of Washington, you don't receive any benefits from WICHE