Wiki Pre Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Merissa87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this website? I did a search on SDN and couldnt find anything on it..

www.wikipremed.com

Members don't see this ad.

I used it for clarification on a few topics, particularly the optics section. I think they do an EXCELLENT job of explaining optics (in the flash card section).

I used it for clarification on a few topics, particularly the optics section. I think they do an EXCELLENT job of explaining optics (in the flash card section).

this could be a life savior... optics has been the death of me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I use it primarily, and pretend I'm actually in the class with them, and really feel i'm absorbing the material better than my Kaplan and Barron books. To me, it's almost like having a study group (into the early morning hours studying sometimes I'll actuall find myself having a conversation with the videos of John Wetzel even though he's a recording).

WikiPremed is a great resource to use to refresh/learn material. The videos really helped. It sure beat starring at my Kaplan book for endless hours. Personally, I think it helped me prepare for my MCAT.

I got the ochem flashcard book and the physio crossword puzzle book and i like them. I was using wikipremed intensely before school got hectic but stopped somehwhere at the physics section. It's a good resource for anyone interested. I plan on using it during the summer alongside my regular materials.

As one of the posters mentioned, the flashcards are great. What i liked about wikipremed course so far in the physics portions i've covered is that it helps me develop intuition about the topics.

Nothing against wikipremed but I found this site to be ridiculously useful for explaining certain bio/chem/physics topics.

http://www.khanacademy.org/

His kidney video was AMAZING and got me 2 points (atleast) on AAMC 6. The rest are also really good for explaining some tough to understand concepts. I really liked it