Wildlife Master's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheNerdiestRedneck

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there, I thought I would post a new thread because I searched and I couldn't find anything that was exactly what I needed. Does anyone know of any legitimate online wildlife biology Master's programs? I'm not finding many, and the ones I can find I'm not sure are legitimate. Going out of state to do a master's isn't really an option for me, and I can't find a college in Virginia that has what I'm looking for, unless I'm just missing something.
 
Hey there, I thought I would post a new thread because I searched and I couldn't find anything that was exactly what I needed. Does anyone know of any legitimate online wildlife biology Master's programs? I'm not finding many, and the ones I can find I'm not sure are legitimate. Going out of state to do a master's isn't really an option for me, and I can't find a college in Virginia that has what I'm looking for, unless I'm just missing something.

Virginia Tech has a MS in Fisheries and Wildlife Science, with several concentrations including Wildlife Conservation.

I would avoid online Master's programs in the sciences. They're worthless nine times out of ten. When you are compared to someone with a legitimate masters (thesis option of course) yours won't mean anything.
 
I haven't heard of an online master's program for wildlife. As WhtsThFrequency stated, I can't imagine that an online would be credible compared to a thesis based masters. Texas A&M job board has a section of graduate assistantships listed for wildlife type Master's and Ph.D programs. Might be worth checking out if that is the area you want to head in.