Wildlife Master's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheNerdiestRedneck

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I thought I would post a new thread because I searched and I couldn't find anything that was exactly what I needed. Does anyone know of any legitimate online wildlife biology Master's programs? I'm not finding many, and the ones I can find I'm not sure are legitimate. Going out of state to do a master's isn't really an option for me, and I can't find a college in Virginia that has what I'm looking for, unless I'm just missing something.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, I thought I would post a new thread because I searched and I couldn't find anything that was exactly what I needed. Does anyone know of any legitimate online wildlife biology Master's programs? I'm not finding many, and the ones I can find I'm not sure are legitimate. Going out of state to do a master's isn't really an option for me, and I can't find a college in Virginia that has what I'm looking for, unless I'm just missing something.

Virginia Tech has a MS in Fisheries and Wildlife Science, with several concentrations including Wildlife Conservation.

I would avoid online Master's programs in the sciences. They're worthless nine times out of ten. When you are compared to someone with a legitimate masters (thesis option of course) yours won't mean anything.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't heard of an online master's program for wildlife. As WhtsThFrequency stated, I can't imagine that an online would be credible compared to a thesis based masters. Texas A&M job board has a section of graduate assistantships listed for wildlife type Master's and Ph.D programs. Might be worth checking out if that is the area you want to head in.