Will a C in a class affect my chances?

onetruemorty

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting my senior year of high school this coming fall and I've already started the application process for many pre-health programs. My current GPA and sat scores are pretty good (3.94 and 1510), but I am worried about a grade I got my freshman year. Physics is the only science my school offers for freshman, and I tried my hand at AP physics 1 because I had the prerequisites coming out of 8th grade. However, not having taken Calc yet, I struggled a lot in that class. I ended the class with a 79 and got a 3 on the AP. It is the only C I have ever gotten in any class. Will this significantly affect my chances of getting into good pre-med or BS/BA + MD programs?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
there was no AP physics 1 four years ago; there was Physics B, Physics C: Mechanics, and Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism. which one did you take?

a 3 is a good score on ap physics, especially for a freshman. is that a 1510 on the new SAT? if it is, you're crazy for posting this- you will definately get into college. as for BS/MD I'm not the person to ask, so idk, but you have good stats

Last edited:
Take a deep breath and enjoy life kid, you'll be golden for getting into college and BA/BS-MD programs

Members don't see this ad :)
there was no AP physics 1 four years ago; there was Physics B, Physics C: Mechanics, and Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism. which one did you take?

a 3 is a good score on ap physics, especially for a freshman. is that a 1510 on the new SAT? if it is, you're crazy for posting this- you will definately get into college. as for BS/MD I'm not the person to ask, so idk, but you have good stats
3 years ago they broke physics B into physics 1 and physics 2. And yes I did take the new SAT. Thanks for the reassurance!

I am starting my senior year of high school this coming fall and I've already started the application process for many pre-health programs. My current GPA and sat scores are pretty good (3.94 and 1510), but I am worried about a grade I got my freshman year. Physics is the only science my school offers for freshman, and I tried my hand at AP physics 1 because I had the prerequisites coming out of 8th grade. However, not having taken Calc yet, I struggled a lot in that class. I ended the class with a 79 and got a 3 on the AP. It is the only C I have ever gotten in any class. Will this significantly affect my chances of getting into good pre-med or BS/BA + MD programs?
T

Last edited: