Will a summer class delay my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaveHope

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I plan to submit AMCAS very soon but am tentatively signed up for one summer course that goes through early August. Even if I am complete at schools before the class ends, will they wait to evaluate me until they get that grade? How long will it take for AMCAS to verify it, send it out to schools, and for them to look at it? Will this (potential?) delay in my application be enough to make me at a disadvantage? I am very borderline, nothing is even close to a shoe-in for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I plan to submit AMCAS very soon but am tentatively signed up for one summer course that goes through early August. Even if I am complete at schools before the class ends, will they wait to evaluate me until they get that grade? How long will it take for AMCAS to verify it, send it out to schools, and for them to look at it? Will this (potential?) delay in my application be enough to make me at a disadvantage? I am very borderline, nothing is even close to a shoe-in for me.

No, it won't. You can include it and the grades that you get in the fall in a winter update to schools that you are still interested in.

Ooh, not sure if it matters, but I have already graduated.

If you've already graduated, then I doubt one course will change your GPA much. You should just submit your app. now and don't worry about one course. Getting your app. verified early is much more important in the grand scheme of things.