Will all schools give you a "yay" or a "nay"...or will some just leave you hanging?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Cheese Stands Alone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have been through this whole process before, or know others that have, or just know more than I do, can you tell me if there are any dental schools that simply never notify you one way or the other about you application? Do most schools send rejection notifications or do some simply never let you know one way or the other? I'm just wondering if I should take the lack of correspondence from most of the schools that I applied to as good news, bad news, or neither. Any insights would be much appreciated. And remember, with great power comes great electricity bill.

Members don't see this ad.

Lack of correspondence due to it being barely being a month since your application was sent. THE CHEESE IS OUT. Chill. Some schools may have you under review until May 2016

Reactions: 4 users
Lack of correspondence due to it being barely being a month since your application was sent. THE CHEESE IS OUT. Chill. Some schools may have you under review until May 2016
Hot-diggity-dog you could not be more right! Thank you for your wise words. Your kindness and generosity will ne'er be forgot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools don't even say anything at all. The least they could do after taking our supplemental fees is tell us we were rejected.

Reactions: 4 users
Some schools don't even say anything at all. The least they could do after taking our supplemental fees is tell us we were rejected.
Good to know. That's all I was wondering. I know it's still pretty early in the game (for me, cause I applied so late) but I was just wondering if we should expect something from every school or if some will give the dreaded SILENT TREATMENT. Thanks for the input!

Hey there- most of the time they will either put you on a waitlist or just tell you not this year.

This gives you a really good opportunity to ask the ADCOM's how you can improve your application for the following year.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah with so many applicants some schools simply don't have the time to send a response to every applicant. Kinda stinks...but I guess that's just how it is.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the input guys. After all the money we spend applying to these schools it certainly seems that we should at least get a short email from all of them! Oh well. I guess it's all about enjoying the journey and being grateful for what does come.

veryyy school dependent. I know schools like UCSF will outright reject you, but NYU and USC will put you on the waitlist literally the day before their white coat ceremony.