Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 4, 2014
Orange, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi... I cant message you. Can you message me! ? Thx
you should seriously ask people who are currently dental student not people who are predent (have not applied or currently applying) because dental students generally can provide more insight to how your PS should look like.

Hammer Time does not even apply yet so if you want to look for grammar errors and what not, he may be of use. If you are looking for advice, structure and idea, dental students are probably a way to go (which sucks because most of them start school already and get busy)

Jan 19, 2015
you should seriously ask people who are currently dental student not people who are predent (have not applied or currently applying) because dental students generally can provide more insight to how your PS should look like.

Hammer Time does not even apply yet so if you want to look for grammar errors and what not, he may be of use. If you are looking for advice, structure and idea, dental students are probably a way to go (which sucks because most of them start school already and get busy)
What difference does it make? I've sat in on a lot of presentations given by the dean of admissions of dental schools talking about what they want in a personal statement. What does it matter if someone is a dental student? I'm sure a lot of them had no idea what they were doing when applying. Lol get off your high horse buddy.

darknightzzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 4, 2014
Orange, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
What difference does it make? I've sat in on a lot of presentations given by the dean of admissions of dental schools talking about what they want in a personal statement. What does it matter if someone is a dental student? I'm sure a lot of them had no idea what they were doing when applying. Lol get off your high horse buddy.
yes, some may have no idea what they were doing when applying but most of those, who become dental students and are willing to read PS, know their stuff in helping other write a more than decent PS. I don't think a pre-dent who just haven't applied yet but have only sat through presentations of dental school admission (plus haven't written a dentap PS himself) have much say in revising other applicants' PS.

Plus, these dental students already made through their cycle of admission and are more likely to know the mistakes of writing PS because im sure they have read many other PS to help improving their own PS.

Sorry but a pre dent like you, who read a couple PS at best and have not even written a PS, really should not accept the task of revising applicants' PS.

anyways, thats just my thought. I am a predent myself. Im just saying so the OP considers his/her options well.

Jan 19, 2015
yes, some may have no idea what they were doing when applying but most of those, who become dental students and are willing to read PS, know their stuff in helping other write a more than decent PS. I don't think a pre-dent who just haven't applied yet but have only sat through presentations of dental school admission (plus haven't written a dentap PS himself) have much say in revising other applicants' PS.

Plus, these dental students already made through their cycle of admission and are more likely to know the mistakes of writing PS because im sure they have read many other PS to help improving their own PS.

Sorry but a pre dent like you, who read a couple PS at best and have not even written a PS, really should not accept the task of revising applicants' PS.

anyways, thats just my thought. I am a predent myself. Im just saying so the OP considers his/her options well.
Lol ok why don't you not revise personal statements then. Don't try to tell me what I can do, or who OP can ask. I'm going to do it, and continue to do so.

Most of my friends who have applied and got accepted have said they didn't really know what they are doing as far as a PS goes. So I don't think they would be any better than me.

And FYI I have written a personal statement.

darknightzzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 4, 2014
Orange, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
Lol ok why don't you not revise personal statements then. Don't try to tell me what I can do, or who OP can ask. I'm going to do it, and continue to do so.

Most of my friends who have applied and got accepted have said they didn't really know what they are doing as far as a PS goes. So I don't think they would be any better than me.

And FYI I have written a personal statement.
Take a chill pill. I am telling this to the OP not to you. you can do whatever you want. But since the OP may be new to the forum, I am just giving him/her a tip.

yea most of your friends (and may be you) don't really know what they are doing as far as a PS goes. But that doesn't mean the OP must receive assistance from such resource. There is a better type of resource out there (dental students who made it into dental school, are more than likely know what they are doing as far as PS goes ) that the OP should utilize => this is my point.

Plus, by giving your PS to a pre-dental student who hasn't applied, that pre-dental student can keep the PS and share it around to his peers => you will end up in more troubles. This is less likely to happen with dental students because they are already in dental schools so why they care?

im going to stop commenting. Mr. Harvard Prospective Student.

Reactions: strep mutans

PlasmaMembrane

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2009
Status
That's a pretty pathetic comment. Do you feel better about yourself now that you have put somebody down? Your comment doesn't phase me at all, good luck with your bitterness, loser.
Harvard has enough quality applicants that they don't need to trouble themselves with accepting those without social competence. I'm just being realistic, sorry.

Jan 19, 2015
Harvard has enough quality applicants that they don't need to trouble themselves with accepting those without social competence. I'm just being realistic, sorry.
Without social competence? Lol! plasmamembrane, your inferiority complex is showing. Just shut up.

Last edited:

darknightzzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 4, 2014
Orange, CA
Status
Pre-Dental
Without social competence? Lol! plasmamembrane, your inferiority complex is showing. Just shut up.
what you just posted is so-called social incompetence.

unwilling to carry out a normal conversation without using phrases such as "loser, don't tell me what to do, and shut up"

hope you mature at a faster rate before you apply bro.

Dr.Toothenstein

5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
You people are supposed to be working on someone's teeth one day? Jesus. So many rude and petty people here. You guys are all coming across as immature with snarky comments.

I'm sure OP knows he/she is allowed to send their PS to more than one person. Being a dental student could be helpful for sure. But there are plenty of people not even in the dental field who would do a fine job. Some people have the common sense (for content judging) and the skills of quality writing. I'd put one of my reviewers (sister) over plenty of dental students any day of the week.