Will dental schools receive official transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Watergrizzly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker here. Hello everyone and best of luck in your studies! Question is in the title. I apologize if this has been posted before or is readily available information. Will they receive the AADSAS gpa's as well as the official transcript?

IF you're bored I'll provide a little background/vent. I am a non-trad applicant with 2 years of experience as a medical laboratory scientist. Great field but I'm looking to move on. The only class I needed to take was organic 2 (earned an A). Since then I have been preparing for the DAT using all the fun materials posted here.

Looking back on my undergrad I always knew my grades were on the low side. Especially my early bcp classes(who knew I would be applying to dental school). Due to my major my final years consisted of B's and some A's in classes such as (hematology, microbiology, immunohematology, medical biochem, etc.) I was heavily involved in extracurriculars and am currently active in the community.

My school does not use a letter system so I had to convert using the following. The calculated numbers were quite a bit lower than what is shown on my official transcript. A lot of my higher end classes fell just under that 3.6 mark, and a couple of my bcp classes fell in the upper end of that C range. As of right now I plan on seeing how well I perform on the 2009 DAT before I start considering other options such as a post-bacc. Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any online programs?

3.6-4.0 — A
3.0-3.5 — B
2.0-2.9 — C
1.0-1.9 — D

bcpGPA-2.7
sGPA-2.95
tGPA-3.03

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: