Will DPTs ever be able to order x-rays/mris etc?

Started by dylanh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dylanh

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it doesnt make sense that a professional in a profession like PT cant order x-rays, MRIs etc. Do people on here think that DPTs will ever be able to order these tests?
 
They can order xrays in Wisconsin now...just passed this week...hopefully other states will come along soon...depends how hard the state associations push for it...sounds like the folks in Wisconsin really put a lot of energy into it

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
That's great news. Can I get a link to it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends on the state. Some states allow it, others don't. I know the VA allows PT's to order X-rays. I don't see why not if we're the MSK experts.
 
Depends...is one on site, and how much $ invested, or lease $ per month ;-p

I doubt PTs will be making significant amounts of money ordering x-rays anytime soon. Just because they legally can in WI, does it mean insurance companies will pay for it?


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile