Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK hel

Started by ucheeee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ucheeee

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK help my chances/CV when applying for residency for radiology in the USA?

I am a US citizen but went to medical school overseas. I have done the Step 1 but have failed attempts in the rest. My plan is to first finish the steps but also work in the UK to gain work experience as a doctor and attend many courses and conferences in radiology as possible. I have read that US based experience and observership are the way to go but I just want to know if my plan is somewhat okay too?
 
Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK help my chances/CV when applying for residency for radiology in the USA?

I am a US citizen but went to medical school overseas. I have done the Step 1 but have failed attempts in the rest. My plan is to first finish the steps but also work in the UK to gain work experience as a doctor and attend many courses and conferences in radiology as possible. I have read that US based experience and observership are the way to go but I just want to know if my plan is somewhat okay too?
You’ll have a hard road and no, I don’t think going to radiology conferences will help your chances. Radiology related publications and research experience will. Seek these out.