Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK hel

ucheeee

2+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2015
Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK help my chances/CV when applying for residency for radiology in the USA?

I am a US citizen but went to medical school overseas. I have done the Step 1 but have failed attempts in the rest. My plan is to first finish the steps but also work in the UK to gain work experience as a doctor and attend many courses and conferences in radiology as possible. I have read that US based experience and observership are the way to go but I just want to know if my plan is somewhat okay too?

JoshSt

Train, Say Your Prayers, Take Your Vitamins
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2012
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK help my chances/CV when applying for residency for radiology in the USA?

I am a US citizen but went to medical school overseas. I have done the Step 1 but have failed attempts in the rest. My plan is to first finish the steps but also work in the UK to gain work experience as a doctor and attend many courses and conferences in radiology as possible. I have read that US based experience and observership are the way to go but I just want to know if my plan is somewhat okay too?
You’ll have a hard road and no, I don’t think going to radiology conferences will help your chances. Radiology related publications and research experience will. Seek these out.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads