Will Graduating Early Hurt me?

Solomon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I have the option to graduate early from my High School (Only 1 semester). The pros are:
I could get a few credits for college by taking a few classes at my local CC before going on to my University
I wouldn't have to deal with high school ever again :naughty:
I'd be ahead of my peers

Are their any cons to this? Will it hurt me in the long run? What's your opinion?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think graduating one semester ahead of your peers would hurt you, but I question how much of an advantage you would really have in the long run. I don't recommend wasting the time, and I think credits toward college are always good!:)

I don't see how it could hurt you :thumbup: The benefits seem nominal, but if you really don't enjoy high school at all I guess there's nothing to lose. I found my last semester of senior year to be the best because you basically get coddled by all the teachers because you're about to graduate. You also care less about your classes because you daydream during class about what college will be like.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should certainly do it, especially if it is being paid for you.

High school is free education. Learn some new stuff. Take some classes you might not normally take and see if you like them. See if you can get into some AP classes so you can get free college credit. It's up to you but I way graduate with friends and peers, go the traditional route.

I would take the CC courses next semester, but take them as a dual enroll student in high school. If your high school is anything like mine, then the CC (or even local college) classes would be free.