Will I be competitive?

Started by Maki68
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maki68

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have recently taken the pcat and did not do so well on RC and Verbal. Just getting worried about whether or not I am competitive. I have done a lot of volunteering activities both science and nonscience as well as a pharmacy technician job. But here is the break down of my scores. Will I have to wait another year and retake my pcat before I can be competitive?

bio: 92%
Chem: 85%
Quant: 85%
Verbal: 18%
RC: 14%
composite: 64%

Extracurricular activities:
Volunteer at hospital pharmacy for a year and a half.
Secretary and Vice president of Japanese Association for about a year
Mentor for Japanese Language for about a year
Teacher Assistant for Human Anatomy and Physiology
Have 2 letter of recommendations from pharmacists, 1 from volunteer coordinator and 1 from science professor.
Pharmacy technician for about a year, >900 hours

Cummulative GPA: ~3.5
Math/Scicene GPA: ~3.3