Will I be too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bgoldst1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on submitting AASDAS mid- next week. I am going to take my DAT most likely in the beginning of september.

If I'm looking to go to a top-tier dental school... Columbia, stonybrook, upen, etc. do I stand a realistic chance?

I have a 3.89cGPA/3.9sGPA
1 semester research
plenty of shadowing exp
good ec's

I'm shooting for like a 20 on my DAT, and I think if I really work hard for the next month I can hit that score.

What do you guys think? I need to get in this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

some people told me that by taking in september that I might be able to get into mid-tiers because of my stats but that top-tiers might be off-limits... opinions?

Members don't see this ad :)
some people told me that by taking in september that I might be able to get into mid-tiers because of my stats but that top-tiers might be off-limits... opinions?

No, I wouldn't think so. With such a high GPA combined with a DAT score of 20 or better, I would believe you would still have a great chance, even if you won't have your application complete until September. Whatever 'tier' school you are applying to, they will still be conducting interviews into next spring, so I would not worry so much. It would have been nice to have an early application, but there is nothing you can do about it now.

yea you have a great chance apply to NYU too you gpa is good youll prolly do fine on the DATS! :) good luck