Will I get approved for grad plus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldiot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The student loans site states:

For purposes of qualifying for a Direct PLUS Loan, you’re considered to have an adverse credit history if:

1) You have one or more debts with a total combined outstanding balance greater than $2,085 that are 90 or more days delinquent as of the date of the credit report, or that have been placed in collection or charged off (written off) during the two years preceding the date of the credit report

2) During the five years preceding the date of the credit report, you have been subject to a default determination, discharge of debts in bankruptcy, foreclosure, repossession, tax lien, wage garnishment, or write-off of a federal student aid debt

I have a credit card account that went between 90 and 120 days late in the months of June, July, and August of 2017. The account is now current, in good standing, and according to credit karma I have 0 collections on my credit report. When the account was late, it said "in collections" on the credit card website, but the debt was never sold and according to credit karma 0 collections are reported. I should be good right?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They don't care about yesterday, just today. If you are current, you will be approved.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The student loans site states:

For purposes of qualifying for a Direct PLUS Loan, you’re considered to have an adverse credit history if:

1) You have one or more debts with a total combined outstanding balance greater than $2,085 that are 90 or more days delinquent as of the date of the credit report, or that have been placed in collection or charged off (written off) during the two years preceding the date of the credit report

2) During the five years preceding the date of the credit report, you have been subject to a default determination, discharge of debts in bankruptcy, foreclosure, repossession, tax lien, wage garnishment, or write-off of a federal student aid debt

I have a credit card account that went between 90 and 120 days late in the months of June, July, and August of 2017. The account is now current, in good standing, and according to credit karma I have 0 collections on my credit report. When the account was late, it said "in collections" on the credit card website, but the debt was never sold and according to credit karma 0 collections are reported. I should be good right?

You may have to appeal, but if you can prove the accounts are current you're fine.

You may have to appeal, but if you can prove the accounts are current you're fine.
According to Equifax, every account I have is current and in good standing, and has been for the past 6-8 months.

According to Equifax, every account I have is current and in good standing, and has been for the past 6-8 months.

You're solid.

Reactions: 1 users