• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

khemikal3001

15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
I got a B in gen chem 2, but an A in the lab. My gpa is a 3.75, will I get into medical school!!!!:laugh: hehe

smuwillobrien

15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I've got two choice words for you, but I don't think there is any need for me to mention them. +pissed+

rgporter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
C-ville, VA
Status (Visible)
I'd have to say, with all the enthusiasm I can muster for a question posted ad-nauseum, maybe.

About the Ads

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If your gpa is as low as 3.75 you must have quite a few more B's than the one you mentioned. :D

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2003
adsum
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Dude, you forgot to mention your SAT score and MCAT potential as a function of good standardized test taking.

umass rower

Insert clever phrase here
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Originally posted by khemikal3001
I got a B in gen chem 2, but an A in the lab. My gpa is a 3.75, will I get into medical school!!!!:laugh: hehe
No, because your poor grammatical skills led you to end your question with exclamation marks (and 4 of them instead of the recommended 1). If such a simple rule eluded you, I can only assume that others do as well, and this problem will manifest itself in your personal statement. Admissions committees typically use poorly-written personal statements in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to): killing flies, paper-training puppies, doodling on during meetings, and wiping their @$$e$ when the janitors get lazy.

Also, in the rare event that an admissions committee member chooses to ignore your inept writing, your pitiful sense of humor will lead your interviewer to despise you from your first meeting.

fuzzylogic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
wow, 3.75. do you know the minimum gpa for med school admission is 3.751? you just miss it by 0.001. you are doomed. :D

khemikal3001

15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
o man o man, i didnt know i was in english and needed perfect grammar! Im so scared I wont get into medical school, ith my 2 Bs on my entire transcript...eck!!!!

Pegasus7

15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by khemikal3001
o man o man, i didnt know i was in english and needed perfect grammar! Im so scared I wont get into medical school, ith my 2 Bs on my entire transcript...eck!!!!

I don't understand why everybody jumped on this guy's GPA. khemikal, it's not a competitive GPA and, unless you are still an underclassman, maybe even a freshman, I doubt you have that with only two B's. However, the rest of you jumped on this guy for no reason. You don't know what kind of program he's coming from. You don't know how strong his MCAT will be. Low GPAs do NOT imply low MCAT scores. You also do not know what else this guy brings to the table. For example: what kind of background he has, what experience he has, his level of maturity, commitment to the field, sincere interest in it, and how well he can convey those aspects of himself both in writing and in person. You don't know if he has that unique ability to interact with another person that so many of us lack. khemikal, you keep working, get that GPA up, and think about some of the things I've said. :cool:

rgporter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
C-ville, VA
Status (Visible)
Actually 3.75 isn't that bad. It's 0.25 higher than the average accepted at most schools. I think we're all more than a little annoyed with people asking that particular question, especially when they have good grades. Also the way he asked the question is stupid. Why doesn't he go ask Miss Cleo? Maybe she could guess based on GPA alone if someone will be accepted. None of us can.

The OP probably has two B type grades, a bunch of A's and quite a few A minuses. How are those bad grades? That's what I have and I currently have two acceptances in my grubby little paws, with more sure to come.
And pegasis, your rant would carry more authority if you had more than one post to your name.

Pegasus7

15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hey man, two things:

a) you misspelled my name

b) I only have one post, because I've never wanted to post anything. There was never anything that really made it worth my time. But I felt bad for this guy getting creamed the way he was. Yeah, he asked a stupid question. But we all asked stupid questions and most of us still do. Just 'cause we start getting accepted places we start to feel we got it all figured out. All I was saying, was give the guy a break, and give a realistic answer. I'm sure he didn't pose the question because he was bored. He probably was genuinely concerned. And by the way, just because I don't spend all my time in here doesn't mean I don't know my stuff about getting into medical school. :cool:

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status (Visible)
some people take others posts to serious. the original post seems like he is just kidding around. didn't u see the "hehehe".

Fish3715

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by fullefect1
some people take others posts to serious. the original post seems like he is just kidding around. didn't u see the "hehehe".

Thank you. The OP is just parodying the typical "oh-no-a-B-I'll-never-get-into-med-school" posts.

rainwoman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2003
east coast
Status (Visible)
Hey Pegasus,

This is not the way to make friends on this forum. Don't you note the OBVIOUS sarcasm from the original poster?!?

Rainwoman

DrPharaohX

Free...your...mind...
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Stress, rock, and a hard place
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Pegasus7
Hey man, two things:

a) you misspelled my name

b) I only have one post, because I've never wanted to post anything. There was never anything that really made it worth my time. But I felt bad for this guy getting creamed the way he was. Yeah, he asked a stupid question. But we all asked stupid questions and most of us still do. Just 'cause we start getting accepted places we start to feel we got it all figured out. All I was saying, was give the guy a break, and give a realistic answer. I'm sure he didn't pose the question because he was bored. He probably was genuinely concerned. And by the way, just because I don't spend all my time in here doesn't mean I don't know my stuff about getting into medical school. :cool:

<gets popcorn and watches the thread go to hell>

This thread was obvious spam. I'm leaving. Wait, why did I come here in the first place? :confused:

Oh yea, lay off Pegasus. He's still adjusting :laugh:

tautomer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by irie
www.magic8ball.com

GOD I HOPE THAT THING IS ACCURATE!!!

It was weird:

Question 1: Will I get into med school?
Answer: "YES"

Question 2: Are you SURE I will get into med school?
Answer: "Results hazy. Try again."

Question 3: Will I get my first ever 4.0 this semester?
Answer: "YES"

I'm bouncing back after a bad first year, and I'm working my a$$ off to do it (so far it's going well). I HOPE....

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.