will i get in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khemikal3001

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a B in gen chem 2, but an A in the lab. My gpa is a 3.75, will I get into medical school!!!!:laugh: hehe

Members don't see this ad.

I've got two choice words for you, but I don't think there is any need for me to mention them. +pissed+

I'd have to say, with all the enthusiasm I can muster for a question posted ad-nauseum, maybe.

Members don't see this ad :)
i want to laugh, but its too early in the morning...:sleep:

If your gpa is as low as 3.75 you must have quite a few more B's than the one you mentioned. :D

Dude, you forgot to mention your SAT score and MCAT potential as a function of good standardized test taking.

Originally posted by khemikal3001
I got a B in gen chem 2, but an A in the lab. My gpa is a 3.75, will I get into medical school!!!!:laugh: hehe
No, because your poor grammatical skills led you to end your question with exclamation marks (and 4 of them instead of the recommended 1). If such a simple rule eluded you, I can only assume that others do as well, and this problem will manifest itself in your personal statement. Admissions committees typically use poorly-written personal statements in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to): killing flies, paper-training puppies, doodling on during meetings, and wiping their @$$e$ when the janitors get lazy.

Also, in the rare event that an admissions committee member chooses to ignore your inept writing, your pitiful sense of humor will lead your interviewer to despise you from your first meeting.

wow, 3.75. do you know the minimum gpa for med school admission is 3.751? you just miss it by 0.001. you are doomed. :D

o man o man, i didnt know i was in english and needed perfect grammar! Im so scared I wont get into medical school, ith my 2 Bs on my entire transcript...eck!!!!

Originally posted by khemikal3001
o man o man, i didnt know i was in english and needed perfect grammar! Im so scared I wont get into medical school, ith my 2 Bs on my entire transcript...eck!!!!

I don't understand why everybody jumped on this guy's GPA. khemikal, it's not a competitive GPA and, unless you are still an underclassman, maybe even a freshman, I doubt you have that with only two B's. However, the rest of you jumped on this guy for no reason. You don't know what kind of program he's coming from. You don't know how strong his MCAT will be. Low GPAs do NOT imply low MCAT scores. You also do not know what else this guy brings to the table. For example: what kind of background he has, what experience he has, his level of maturity, commitment to the field, sincere interest in it, and how well he can convey those aspects of himself both in writing and in person. You don't know if he has that unique ability to interact with another person that so many of us lack. khemikal, you keep working, get that GPA up, and think about some of the things I've said. :cool:

Actually 3.75 isn't that bad. It's 0.25 higher than the average accepted at most schools. I think we're all more than a little annoyed with people asking that particular question, especially when they have good grades. Also the way he asked the question is stupid. Why doesn't he go ask Miss Cleo? Maybe she could guess based on GPA alone if someone will be accepted. None of us can.

The OP probably has two B type grades, a bunch of A's and quite a few A minuses. How are those bad grades? That's what I have and I currently have two acceptances in my grubby little paws, with more sure to come.
And pegasis, your rant would carry more authority if you had more than one post to your name.

Hey man, two things:

a) you misspelled my name

b) I only have one post, because I've never wanted to post anything. There was never anything that really made it worth my time. But I felt bad for this guy getting creamed the way he was. Yeah, he asked a stupid question. But we all asked stupid questions and most of us still do. Just 'cause we start getting accepted places we start to feel we got it all figured out. All I was saying, was give the guy a break, and give a realistic answer. I'm sure he didn't pose the question because he was bored. He probably was genuinely concerned. And by the way, just because I don't spend all my time in here doesn't mean I don't know my stuff about getting into medical school. :cool:

some people take others posts to serious. the original post seems like he is just kidding around. didn't u see the "hehehe".

Originally posted by fullefect1
some people take others posts to serious. the original post seems like he is just kidding around. didn't u see the "hehehe".

Thank you. The OP is just parodying the typical "oh-no-a-B-I'll-never-get-into-med-school" posts.

Hey Pegasus,

This is not the way to make friends on this forum. Don't you note the OBVIOUS sarcasm from the original poster?!?

Rainwoman

pleeeease do not feed the troll ;)

Originally posted by Pegasus7
Hey man, two things:

a) you misspelled my name

b) I only have one post, because I've never wanted to post anything. There was never anything that really made it worth my time. But I felt bad for this guy getting creamed the way he was. Yeah, he asked a stupid question. But we all asked stupid questions and most of us still do. Just 'cause we start getting accepted places we start to feel we got it all figured out. All I was saying, was give the guy a break, and give a realistic answer. I'm sure he didn't pose the question because he was bored. He probably was genuinely concerned. And by the way, just because I don't spend all my time in here doesn't mean I don't know my stuff about getting into medical school. :cool:

<gets popcorn and watches the thread go to hell>

This thread was obvious spam. I'm leaving. Wait, why did I come here in the first place? :confused:

Oh yea, lay off Pegasus. He's still adjusting :laugh:

Originally posted by irie
www.magic8ball.com

GOD I HOPE THAT THING IS ACCURATE!!!

It was weird:

Question 1: Will I get into med school?
Answer: "YES"

Question 2: Are you SURE I will get into med school?
Answer: "Results hazy. Try again."

Question 3: Will I get my first ever 4.0 this semester?
Answer: "YES"

I'm bouncing back after a bad first year, and I'm working my a$$ off to do it (so far it's going well). I HOPE....