Will I get into trouble? Worried about getting blacklisted from Med schools.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I95bandit1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well what program is this and what school do you go to?

It can depend on those.

It's never good to lie but maybe your dad identifies as a specific race? They word the question as what one identifies as so you could get by like that but eventually someone might get suspicious and medical schools really hate lying.

Good luck on your unethical endeavours

I hope you get caught.

Reactions: 21 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea. Totally. Identify as whatever you want. Next time go for Pacific Islander and report back.

But really what are you expecting us to say?? Keep lying your ass off, all will be fine?? In all honesty if you don't see repercussions for this (which you should) if you just keep making stuff up on your applications it'll get you eventually.

I really hope you get caught and face the utmost consequences. Your form of dishonesty is probably the most disgraceful, reading your post made me vomit a bit in my mouth. Good luck with your future endeavors and think not about pursuing medicine...

Reactions: 3 users
Just reading this made me cringe. Will they tell other med schools if they find out? Probably not. Will it ruin your chances at going to med school? No. But come on, you're lying your way into a program meant for minorities. Take a second to think about that and what kind of person/doctor you want to be.

Reactions: 1 users
To anyone who reads my post try to ignore that I sound like an a**hole and just look at the problem at hand

Hard to ignore when the hole is so big...

Eh it's people like you that I wouldn't lose sleep over if you did get caught and your dreams go up in flames.

Reactions: 2 users
AMCAS will ask a lot of stuff it will not verify..

Up until you get accepted to a school is when you need to prove who you say you are through background checks.

Is it really worth the risk? Say you get caught, that could ruin your professional future, at the very least it could cause severe anxiety.. Which sounds like you are already getting a feel for that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Ok, so I applied to this Summer Research Program at ..... and I got accepted. Only thing is I wasn't entirely truthful on my application. I said that I was half (a race that gets affirmative action) and I lied about my father's name to match the story (I gave him a first name that correlated with the race). Honestly, affirmative action is bullsh** and it's literally racial discrimination but I don't want to get into that right now. Anyways I got in. Now my stats are pretty good so they may have not even cared about race but I don't really know. It seems like nowadays unless you're a girl or of a certain race you don't get nearly as many opportunities. Nowhere did I see anything on the application or anything that talked about affirmative action or that the program is specifically for "under-represented ethnicities" lol but from the pictures of the members from last year you can definitely see that there is an obvious gender imbalance as well as a racial one.

So basically I lied about my father's name and my ethnicity (I said something that is close enough in appearance for me to claim being half of) and I believe my family income as well. That was all on the application though. Now that I got accepted they want me to fill out all these new forms including a W9 and a background check among many other forms. Obviously I cannot lie on these which means I will have to put my father's real name. On the W9 it doesn't have a family income spot but I don't know maybe the university can obtain it somehow?

In all honesty, I don't even think anything will happen. I doubt they're gonna look to see my parents' names are the same. I think the app was to get in and all these new documents are just separately looked at. Also, I believe some kind of board reviewed my application and I doubt they're gonna be the ones looking at these new documents. It'll probably just be some secretary looking at this.

Finally, my question is 1. is there any chance I get caught and get dropped from the program? If they drop me because I lied about my ethnicity that seems like discrimination to me. 2. If I do get caught, do I get blacklisted from other medical schools or something? I don't think this school can just send out my information like that to others.

It's really sad that I even have to do this. F**k this affirmative action crap. It's literal racism.

Anyway that's it. If you can enlighten me with any kind of information, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not sure if troll but this has been done before, and it will nto end well for you.
http://nypost.com/2015/04/12/mindy-kalings-brother-explains-why-he-pretended-to-be-black/

Being AA (half n half, like the president) myself I do nto appreciated people co-opting some identity (be it gender, race, class, whaetver) just for the purpose of obtaining special privelage. its one thing if you were like 1/8 an ethnicity and played it up but you made this up whole cloth, which isn't riding the line, but just fraud. I'm all for grey areas but this is pretty clear.you can't claim discrimination when your application info was false. It doesnt work that way. And you'd never be able to prove you only got in due to your false ethnicity.

I would say either you come clean and hope for the best, or you just have to commit ever further to your story and dig a bigger hole. its a summer program, not a make or break part of your application. Will it really be worth it to tank all hope of med admissions for 1 lousy summer program? Tell them you spoke with your dad and ralized your mistake if you want, but either fess up or withdraw and just tell them you cant do it. It aint worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope this is a joke. If not, I would honestly withdraw. This is highly unethical. I think this has to be a troll post but just in case anyone else considers this...

Do not lie on applications. It will come back to you eventually.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, affirmative action is bullsh** and it's literally racial discrimination but I don't want to get into that right now.

Umm.. do you know how much discrimination there is in medical admissions without affirmative action? White privilege is a real thing.

Reactions: 5 users
Ok, so I applied to this Summer Research Program at ..... and I got accepted. Only thing is I wasn't entirely truthful on my application. I said that I was half (a race that gets affirmative action) and I lied about my father's name to match the story (I gave him a first name that correlated with the race). Honestly, affirmative action is bullsh** and it's literally racial discrimination but I don't want to get into that right now. Anyways I got in. Now my stats are pretty good so they may have not even cared about race but I don't really know. It seems like nowadays unless you're a girl or of a certain race you don't get nearly as many opportunities. Nowhere did I see anything on the application or anything that talked about affirmative action or that the program is specifically for "under-represented ethnicities" lol but from the pictures of the members from last year you can definitely see that there is an obvious gender imbalance as well as a racial one.

So basically I lied about my father's name and my ethnicity (I said something that is close enough in appearance for me to claim being half of) and I believe my family income as well. That was all on the application though. Now that I got accepted they want me to fill out all these new forms including a W9 and a background check among many other forms. Obviously I cannot lie on these which means I will have to put my father's real name. On the W9 it doesn't have a family income spot but I don't know maybe the university can obtain it somehow?

In all honesty, I don't even think anything will happen. I doubt they're gonna look to see my parents' names are the same. I think the app was to get in and all these new documents are just separately looked at. Also, I believe some kind of board reviewed my application and I doubt they're gonna be the ones looking at these new documents. It'll probably just be some secretary looking at this.

Finally, my question is 1. is there any chance I get caught and get dropped from the program? If they drop me because I lied about my ethnicity that seems like discrimination to me. 2. If I do get caught, do I get blacklisted from other medical schools or something? I don't think this school can just send out my information like that to others.

It's really sad that I even have to do this. F**k this affirmative action crap. It's literal racism.

Anyway that's it. If you can enlighten me with any kind of information, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ah, I see. You're one of those white males that constantly lament that the world no longer caters to your every whim. Kid, plenty of white males make in this world. Loads, even. All based on merit. I didn't need to hide my race or my Y chromosome to get where I am today. If you can't make it, maybe it's just because you're not all that special.

And it's not discrimination to drop you for lying. Let me give you an analogy to a situation that I bet you spend a lot of timing b*tching about too. If you arrange a date with a total babe from an online site and she shows up about 100 pounds heavier than you expected, is it discrimination for you to call off the date?

Reactions: 14 users
OP, I totally get what you mean. Like right now 25% of med students are URM, mixed race, or race unknown. That leaves practically no seats for white and Asian people! What choice is there but to lie? Literally the only way to get into medical school as a white person is to lie about your race or act like one of them homosexuals. (Sarcasm if it's not obvious)

I'm assuming this is a troll post because (I hope) people aren't this dumb. But OP, if you really want to attend this program, you can take it to the next level by going full-on Rachel Dolezal with this shizz.

Last edited:
Also please stop getting offended you f***ing pu***es and grow up. I really hope not everyone are you like guys in medical school.

Seems like you're the one getting offended. But if you want let me just answer your questions:

1. is there any chance I get caught and get dropped from the program? If they drop me because I lied about my ethnicity that seems like discrimination to me. - There is a chance you'll get caught, or maybe you won't. I have no idea. But if they do drop you because you lied about your ethnicity that is NOT discrimination on their part. They dropped you because you were an idiot lying applicant, not because of your race.

2. If I do get caught, do I get blacklisted from other medical schools or something? I don't think this school can just send out my information like that to others. - Yes, you may.

fo853f375808rev1.jpg

Yes I am well aware of the discrimination....
Ahhh, clickbait. The guy who only applied one time to med school as a black candidate claiming that he theoretically never would have gotten in if he applied as Indian all while promoting his application advising company (and ignoring the fact that, even now, there are white UChicago students getting into med school with those stats, so there is no reason to assume he wouldn't have gotten in as an Indian)

Last edited:
Let me get this straight - you think affirmative action is bull**** yet you lied and used it to get what you want? This really is beyond sick. Forget being a doctor, you should see one. Can't wait to see what you cook up for your personal statement - perhaps a lovely extension of this app with an appropriate sob story.

I don't care whether or not you get caught. You are scum. I believe that medical schools will see through your bs.

I don't think you understand the premise of affirmative action.

I mean, no one could be this dumb.. right?

Last edited:
Also nowhere in the program does it say anything about this being strictly for those minorities I just thought I would have a better chance if I did say that. I might have just lied for no reason lol. So it's not like I lied and that got me in ya know? Also please stop getting offended you f***ing pu***es and grow up. I really hope not everyone are you like guys in medical school.

We just like taking out the trash... don't like it lingering and making the scenery less aesthetically pleasing.

I mean what did you expect? Tell you it's ok to lie just because of something you don't believe in to take a position you don't deserve if you told the complete truth?

If anything affirmative action is necessary to get rid of entitled people like yourself.

This is the first and only warning to keep the discussion civil and professional without personal attacks or name calling.

@FutureHopeful? No I didn't expect that you wanna know why? Because once again it wasn't a questions of my morals. I asked if I will get caught and what are the ramifications.

None of us can tell you if you will or won't get caught. My bet is you will.
And you know the ramifications. But whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

Some facts:

U.S. General Population:
White: 77.4%
Asian: 5.4%
Hispanic or Latino: 17.4%
African-American: 13.2%
American Indian and Alaska Native: 1.2%

U.S. Physician Workforce:
White: 48.9%
Asian: 11.7%
Hispanic or Latino: 4.4%
African-American: 4.1%
American Indian and Alaska Native: 0.4%

Some more facts:

Patients prefer physicians of the same race/ethnicity as themselves.

A quote from a review on why diversity is warranted in the health professions:

"Our review generated the following findings:
• URM health professionals, particularly physicians, disproportionately serve minority and other medically underserved populations;
• minority patients tend to receive better interpersonal care from practitioners of their own race or ethnicity, particularly in primary care and mental health settings;
• non-English speaking patients experience better interpersonal care, greater medical comprehension, and greater likelihood of keeping follow-up appointments when they see a language-concordant practitioner, particularly in mental health care; and
• insufficient evidence exists as to whether greater health professions diversity leads to greater trust in health care or greater advocacy for disadvantaged populations.

These findings indicate that greater health professions diversity will likely lead to improved public health by increasing access to care for underserved populations, and by increasing opportunities for minority patients to see practitioners with whom they share a common race, ethnicity or language. Race, ethnicity, and language concordance, which is associated with better patient-practitioner relationships and communication, may increase patients’ likelihood of receiving and accepting appropriate medical care."

Tl;dr: African-Americans, Hispanics, and American Indians remain seriously underrepresented in medicine compared to their respective proportions in the general population. Patients -- particularly minority and other medical underserved patients -- benefit from having healthcare providers of their own race or ethnicity. Public Health is more effective when the physician workforce is representative of the patient base. YET we do not have enough URM health professionals to serve the URM population.

So yes, OP, we do need affirmative action in medicine.

Reactions: 4 users
@FutureHopeful? No I didn't expect that you wanna know why? Because once again it wasn't a questions of my morals. I asked if I will get caught and what are the ramifications.

Since we're not dwelling on the unethical side of this...
Err on the side of caution. Sure, so far you lied and got away with it. However, you cannot forge the documents they're requiring of you (as they are legal documents so your lie about the family name will shine through...). You're taking a HUGE risk accepting this. Ramifications? I honestly have no idea, but I can't imagine this will go down quietly if you are caught.

Im not even angry , Im just sad for you. I hope you grow up and learn from this.

"To anyone who reads my post try to ignore that I sound like an a**hole and just look at the problem at hand"

This is it. This is the most hilarious post that has ever been made on this forum. Everyone else can stop trying and go home.

In all seriousness, I hope you're really proud of yourself, OP. Your behavior is deplorable.

Reactions: 3 users
Sad reality is people like him get into medical school each year.... no wonder the general public can dislike our future profession so much.

Some facts:

U.S. General Population:
White: 77.4%
Asian: 5.4%
Hispanic or Latino: 17.4%
African-American: 13.2%
American Indian and Alaska Native: 1.2%

U.S. Physician Workforce:
White: 48.9%
Asian: 11.7%
Hispanic or Latino: 4.4%
African-American: 4.1%
American Indian and Alaska Native: 0.4%

Some more facts:

Patients prefer physicians of the same race/ethnicity as themselves.

A quote from a review on why diversity is warranted in the health professions:

"Our review generated the following findings:
• URM health professionals, particularly physicians, disproportionately serve minority and other medically underserved populations;
• minority patients tend to receive better interpersonal care from practitioners of their own race or ethnicity, particularly in primary care and mental health settings;
• non-English speaking patients experience better interpersonal care, greater medical comprehension, and greater likelihood of keeping follow-up appointments when they see a language-concordant practitioner, particularly in mental health care; and
• insufficient evidence exists as to whether greater health professions diversity leads to greater trust in health care or greater advocacy for disadvantaged populations.

These findings indicate that greater health professions diversity will likely lead to improved public health by increasing access to care for underserved populations, and by increasing opportunities for minority patients to see practitioners with whom they share a common race, ethnicity or language. Race, ethnicity, and language concordance, which is associated with better patient-practitioner relationships and communication, may increase patients’ likelihood of receiving and accepting appropriate medical care."

Tl;dr: African-Americans, Hispanics, and American Indians remain seriously underrepresented in medicine compared to their respective proportions in the general population. Patients -- particularly minority and other medical underserved patients -- benefit from having healthcare providers of their own race or ethnicity. Public Health is more effective when the physician workforce is representative of the patient base. YET we do not have enough URM health professionals to serve the URM population.

So yes, OP, we do need affirmative action in medicine.

Damn, nearly a third of physicians in the Asian category are from India? I'm a bit bristled at the fact that med schools conglomerate the entire Asian continent into one statistic.

I think there is still hope for you. I see you are trying to cover your tracks by deleting your posts. This shows you have a conscience , I hope you go through some serious personal development .

I think there is still hope for you. I see you are trying to cover your tracks by deleting your posts. This shows you have a conscience , I hope you go through some serious personal development .

more like the op gave up since no one's on his side.

Uh am I just an idiot? Where are the other 30.2% of physicians? Are they like leprechauns or something? o_O
The AAMC report also has "unknown" and "other race" totaling around ~30%, but I did not include those numbers. Check out the linked report for more information.

The AAMC report also has "unknown" and "other race" totaling around ~30%, but I did not include those numbers. Check out the linked report for more information.

I'm going to to go with leprechauns. Who wouldn't want a little guy in green asking about lucky charms during a H&P

Uh am I just an idiot? Where are the other 30.2% of physicians? Are they like leprechauns or something? o_O
They probably were like OP and called themselves half URM to get into med school, but committed to it way more than him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.