Will I have to take more classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penicillinman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been perparing to get started with applications for medical schools and start completing any pending prereqs. I realize my question will probably be best answered by the respective school's admissions department - but I wanted to see if anyone here had any similar experiences.
I am a pharmacist and I went to a school that did the six year pharmacy program. My education required two years of pre pharmacy (took alot of the same classes with pre meds). The remaining classes were what we considered to be the actual 4 years of professional school - Most of the classes here had a designation of "PHAR" (eg. PHAR 131 - pathosyiology). In total I have about 208 credits but I believe only about 52 are pre proffessional school. I do pretty much satisfy all the bio, chem, orgo, english requirements however I noticed the following:
1. Applicants must have completed a minimum of 90 semester hours (or 134 quarter hours) at a regionally accredited US or Canadian college or university.
2. Graduate courses do not satisfy the 90 hour requirement OR the required coursework.

Will the classes taken in the professional school be considered graduate ? Does this mean I have to do some random classes to make an additional 45 credit hrs just so that I meet the 90 hr credit requirement ?
Your thoughts/experiences are much appreciated.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.