Will it be too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker16z

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I secured four letters of recommendation requests (3 professors and 1 dentist) over the past 6 months. I reached out to everyone and I've only heard back from the dentist who will have my LOR ready by June 1st. One professor hasn't emailed me back at all (sent her a separate email 2 weeks ago). Another professor is on vacation/traveling until late June. The last professor hasn't responded yet but may do so on Monday. So basically I only have 1 LOR now when I wanted to get everything done June 1st.

My question is, how late can you be while still being "competitive"? I know that the later you apply, the lesser your chances of receiving an interview request.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application the end of August as a below average applicant and got plenty of interview invites.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted in the middle of June, but added a school in the middle of September and got an interview there too. Most people on here say to have your application submitted by the end of July to maximize your chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted without letters in late October to two schools and got an invite to one and after getting the letters together in early Nov, got the second invite. Now obviously I wouldn't wait as long as I did, but I wouldn't sweat having to wait a few weeks to complete things.

Just do it as soon as possible and before August (which is the consensus) and you'll be fine.

I am in the same situation, and definitely stressed about it as well. I hope we hear back from them sooner than later!