• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Will it Impact My Chances?

Awesome237

Apr 30, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I am a freshman and I am at risk of getting a C in a summer 1 course that I am taking. I have been getting A's and B's in previous classes, so will having one C on my record impact my chances of getting into medical school even if I continue to get straight A's and B's afterwards? Or is the cumulative GPA that actually matters, rather than one single bad grade in a Gen-Ed course?

Rachapkis

2+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2018
  1. Non-Student
Getting into medical school is a marathon, not a sprint. There will inevitably be small bumps along the road. One C is not the end of your career. However, if you do get a C, I would evaluate your study habits and try to determine whether there is anything you can do to improve.

About the Ads

HouseJC

If nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong
2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2019
New Orleans
  1. Medical Student
I am a freshman and I am at risk of getting a C in a summer 1 course that I am taking. I have been getting A's and B's in previous classes, so will having one C on my record impact my chances of getting into medical school even if I continue to get straight A's and B's afterwards? Or is the cumulative GPA that actually matters, rather than one single bad grade in a Gen-Ed course?

It is your entire story that matters (grades/transcripts, MCAT, work and activities, personal statement, secondary essays).

Furthermore, as you said, you are at risk of getting a C. It's not set in stone yet, so buckle down and study on that summer course and try to raise it up.

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
You could fail that course and still get into medical school.

You don't need a 4.0 GPA

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.