Will licensing boards return to live pts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InformMe123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard or know if the licensing exams such as ADEX will return to being live patient in the future or is the manikin going to a permanent format?

Members don't see this ad.

there is the new exam called DL-OSCE. I am hoping it will just replace all of them, currently its valid in a handful of states. it is only a multiple choice exam, with no handpiece involved at all

there is the new exam called DL-OSCE. I am hoping it will just replace all of them, currently its valid in a handful of states. it is only a multiple choice exam, with no handpiece involved at all
Email your state licensing board so that we can make this happen!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IMO, the process is way complicated and obnoxious because there are so many private parties trying to get a piece of the pie. I whole heartedly agree that we should just go to the DLOSCE. But there is too much money in all the stupid little different private licensing exams/companies that I’m sure they would put up quite a fight before weeding them out and only doing the DLOSCE. They also have more power and money then a bunch of dental students trying to graduate so I’m sure that also strongly influences the decisions

Reactions: 1 users
IMO, the process is way complicated and obnoxious because there are so many private parties trying to get a piece of the pie. I whole heartedly agree that we should just go to the DLOSCE. But there is too much money in all the stupid little different private licensing exams/companies that I’m sure they would put up quite a fight before weeding them out and only doing the DLOSCE. They also have more power and money then a bunch of dental students trying to graduate so I’m sure that also strongly influences the decisions
You’re right but the dentists ultimately make the decisions assuming approval from the adea which there is. If everyone keeps asking the state licensing boards to approve it eventually they will. I don’t see those exams holding on for that much longer too many ethical issues with the live patient exams etc.

You’re right but the dentists ultimately make the decisions assuming approval from the adea which there is. If everyone keeps asking the state licensing boards to approve it eventually they will. I don’t see those exams holding on for that much longer too many ethical issues with the live patient exams etc.
You’re right. But you also have the good ol’ boys who usually see it fit that other prospective dentists go through what they did, and I’m sure as well these private companies proctoring the exams are also incentivizing the boards in some way.

I agree. I think they’ll weed their way out. (Hopefully) but these companies will give them quite the headache to do so.

Reactions: 1 user