Will Med schools think it is very immature to make silly comics?

Started by JoyKim456
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JoyKim456

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the local newspaper, I was thinking of making silly comics because I love comedy. Would it it inappropriate to make silly videos as well and start a comedy website maybe? Nothing sexual. But very very very very silly.
 
For the local newspaper, I was thinking of making silly comics because I love comedy. Would it it inappropriate to make silly videos as well and start a comedy website maybe? Nothing sexual. But very very very very silly.
You can make a comic blog.

If you can get some revenue off of it, it may be worth putting on your application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the local newspaper, I was thinking of making silly comics because I love comedy. Would it it inappropriate to make silly videos as well and start a comedy website maybe? Nothing sexual. But very very very very silly.
Are you trying to make sure that everything that you do in college fits into what is acceptable to Adcoms? Critical thinking is an important trait for physicians, you know.

I wrote/drew comics for all four years in college, and won a couple of awards in the process. However, I've done other things that I thought were more interesting to talk about, so I didn't pimp it in my secondaries.
 
I am doing it because I love doing it and it brightens the day of other people. But I am worried med schools will think it is very immature.
 
I am doing it because I love doing it and it brightens the day of other people. But I am worried med schools will think it is very immature.
I suppose Dr. Patch Adams just slipped by the adcoms.
 
I am doing it because I love doing it and it brightens the day of other people. But I am worried med schools will think it is very immature.
You know you don't have to list everything you do on your application, right? You list what you want to. If you're worried they might not like it, you could always leave it off. However, particularly given that they'll probably never see an actual example of your work, I'd leave it on as it is somewhat unique.