Veterinary Will my acceptance be rescinded for a C in pre-requisite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to a vet school before fall semester grades came out, but it turns out that I got a C in one of my prerequisite classes. It's not that I was slacking off - I had a death in the family and had to start working while being a full time student because of financial issues. I've never gotten a C before and honestly it's freaking me out, especially since I got it after I got into vet school and I know they require fall transcripts. In the acceptance letter the school didn't mention any minimum requirements, they just specified that all prerequisites must be completed. I've been thinking of emailing the Dean of the school explaining circumstances, but that would also mean advertising that I got a C. Should I still email the school?
No. You were academically qualified, which got you admitted.

The "C" is passing. It might not be what they wanted, but you are fulfilling the given requirements. Take it, excel, and examine if a similar event will affect you again.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to a vet school before fall semester grades came out, but it turns out that I got a C in one of my prerequisite classes. It's not that I was slacking off - I had a death in the family and had to start working while being a full time student because of financial issues. I've never gotten a C before and honestly it's freaking me out, especially since I got it after I got into vet school and I know they require fall transcripts. In the acceptance letter the school didn't mention any minimum requirements, they just specified that all prerequisites must be completed. I've been thinking of emailing the Dean of the school explaining circumstances, but that would also mean advertising that I got a C. Should I still email the school?

Re-read the bolded.

Then go to the school's Admissions website to see if there is any requirement for a grade > C in the pre-reqs.

If not, you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.