Will my acceptance be rescinded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent143

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently was accepted to dental school, but am worried about my final grades.
I'm currently taking biochem which is a prereq for the school, and my grade is very low. I'm not sure I will be able to get a C in the class. Do you think my acceptance will be rescinded if I receive a grade lower than a C?
I don't think I will fail, but if I end up with a C- or a D+ does anyone know if dental schools can rescind an acceptance?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's definitely possible, but this will depend on your school.

Depends on the school, ask them and confirm. I know for mine they don't accept any <C-.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's safe to assume that majority, if not all of dental schools will require you to complete your pre-req with minimum of C. C- will not be accepted

Reactions: 1 user
don't get too comfortable w/ tht acceptance, OP.

edit: as soon as OP saw that acceptance email, he was on chill-mode all day 'err day.

Last edited:
Bust your ass now, kill that final and grab the C...you know they'll be a curve a bit early to give up bud.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
If the instructor is approachable try talking to them and see how can they help you reach your goal. Kinda long shot since most biochem teachers are stuck with the class for research credit or some obligation to the school