Will my DAT score be voided?! Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyirish2380

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my DAT today, and after I finished, I received a call from the prometric center while driving back home. She claimed that I had made a stain in the chair. I knew exactly what she was talking about, because I had seen it right away. But since it didn't bother me I didn't ask for a new seat. It just looked like a water stain....She didn't believe me and insisted the stain had NOT been there before - she said she would have to file a report. Could this affect my exam?

Members don't see this ad.

What? That is ridiculous. I can't tell if you are trolling but if not I HIGHLY doubt they will void your scores because of a stained chair. It's not like you were cheating. They may want you to buy a new chair or something. Are you sure this wasn't one of your friends messing with you?

So I took my DAT today, and after I finished, I received a call from the prometric center while driving back home. She claimed that I had made a stain in the chair. I knew exactly what she was talking about, because I had seen it right away. But since it didn't bother me I didn't ask for a new seat. It just looked like a water stain....She didn't believe me and insisted the stain had NOT been there before - she said she would have to file a report. Could this affect my exam?
I thought I had heard everything in the many years I have worked with students taking the DAT, but this beats it all. I would contact the ADA and let them know about this. This is absolutely ridiculous and I would not stand for this. This is totally insensitive especially after you just took the most important test of your life. What is she accusing you of peeing on the chair??

Sorry for venting this just makes me mad.

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy

Reactions: 4 users
I thought I had heard everything in the many years I have worked with students taking the DAT, but this beats it all. I would contact the ADA and let them know about this. This is absolutely ridiculous and I would not stand for this. This is totally insensitive especially after you just took the most important test of your life. What is she accusing you of peeing on the chair??

Sorry for venting this just makes me mad.

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy

Thank you! It really shook me up! I actually did pretty well on the exam and I can't even enjoy it because I'm so worried about what could happen...do you think my score will be voided? I don't think a stain on a chair is necessarily misconduct or violating of testing rules, but I have no idea. Can they do something like that? Will they fine me? Please let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn... prometric has no chill

I agree with orgoman22, contact the ADA

Really sorry to hear about this man, wish we could so something to help.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you! It really shook me up! I actually did pretty well on the exam and I can't even enjoy it because I'm so worried about what could happen...do you think my score will be voided? I don't think an accused "stain" is necessarily misconduct, but I have no idea. Can they do something like that? Will they fine me? Please let me know!
This has nothing to do with your score, that is why I would contact the ADA. This is just so absurd I don't know how to answer. Did you get the name of the person who called? This seems so odd it seems like a prank. Did you verify the call in fact was legit.

This has nothing to do with your score, that is why I would contact the ADA. This is just so absurd I don't know how to answer. Did you get the name of the person who called? This seems so odd it seems like a prank. Did you verify the call in fact was legit.

Yep, the phone number was the same as the testing center I took my exam at... As long as my score doesn't get voided and I don't get fined for "damage," I don't care. I don't even want to contact the ADA because this is so ridiculous. "Hello, I just took the DAT, and the prometric people are mad because they think I left a stain, help me!"

Shouldn't there be video footage that could help prove you didn't do this?

Reactions: 3 users
If you were my child I would be down at the Prometric center with boxing gloves on. I would not stand for this..LOL Just kidding I am not a violent person but really?, they charge enough for the test..I think they can afford a new chair.

Reactions: 7 users
This is sooo stupid. We are so focused on the exam content and doing well why would be expected to "inspect" their equipment before the biggest exam of our life as Nancy states?!? This is ridiculous and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I totally understand you cannot even enjoy your scores and the fact that you are done because of being worried what might happen. Maybe call the testing center tomorrow and speak with someone and ask what happens hypothetically when a report is filed. They should be able to tell you what will happen next (Will the ADA contact you, do you have to re-take the exam, will there be a hearing of some sort). Just my opinion...hope everything works out. Stay positive and try and enjoy your successes!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, your test score will be voided because of a stain that could easily be deciphered into answers for the DAT.... NOT. Call ADA, it can't hurt to can it?